What's new

another movie goes 2 disc in the uk and 1 disc in the us (1 Viewer)

Mike Wadkins

Supporting Actor
avp is getting an extreme ed in the uk like the irobot disc this year

we get the extra res and the extra disc ! (not that that will save the flick)

2 disc uk

1 disc uk

us 1 disc

what is going on it used to be i imported everything !

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Fox has been playing what looks like will be the double dip game. At least there's been prior word that there'd be an uncut director's cut or whatever of AVP.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I think, and other people have said it as well, that this is the DVD equivalent of the rental window. It is frustrating that Fox is doing this, but we're pretty good on this forum about sniffing out future double dips.

Ben_@

Stunt Coordinator
And thanks for another heads up. I will hold off on this edition in the hopes of an R1 2-disc later on.

Consumers are more aware of the double-dip mentality of companies as time goes on. It would seem smarter for them just to release both a 1 and 2 disc edition at the same time (unless they are still working on content/contractual issues).

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
Another way of looking at it is the UK is being punished with twice as much Alien vs Predator as the US. Maybe the UK offended the head of 20th Century Fox home video and this is his form of retribution.

NiklasKarlsson

Stunt Coordinator
Is it certain that the second disc of extra are material exclusive for the UK? I thought that they just moved all of the extras that is included on the US 1-disc edition to a separate disc.

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
Fox UK feel extremely threatened by American imports and as a result, they're trying to beat region 1 with either 2 disc versions or releasing before North America like they have with I, Robot.

They've even threatened to withdraw support from UK magazines that carry advertisments from Region 1 suppliers.

Malcolm Cleugh

Second Unit
Fox started the trend in the UK last year for these dual releases both 1 and 2 disk at the same time, since followed by Universal. It seems that after 6 months or so when the titles get into sales / promotions in the main only the 1 disk version appears, although some retailers do sell the 2 diskers cheap.

If you want to get these cheaper the R3 releases are identical to the R2 2 disk versions but much cheaper. They are around USD20 GBP10 from CD-Wow. They have Day After Tomorrow and I Robot at this price, as I have them both.
These are however only encoded R3 NTSC so you will need a multiregion player but they are NTSC rather than PAL.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks