What's new

Another dumb question about DLP proj. (1 Viewer)

MarkusBen

Auditioning
I am thinking about buying a Sharp XV-Z90E DLP front projector but there is one thing I am not sure about and it seems that I can´t get a straight answer from the dealer.

In the catalogue it says that the projector has "switchable screen with 4:3 and 16:9 aspect ratios". Does that mean that I can watch widescreen movies with a WS screen on my wall just like a WS TV. Or does it meen that I can only watch WS movies like it´s a 4:3 TV (that is, with the huge black bars on the top and bottom)then only using 4:3 projector screen on my wall.:confused:

I hope you understand this question... because I don´t.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I don't know with this particular brand but the question here is does the switchable 16x9/4x3 just block the top and bottom of the native 4x3 LCD panels in order to create the 16x9 panel which would be kind of the same thing as masking the top and bottom portions of your 4x3 TV in order to make it appear to be a 16x9 TV (simplified of course).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation483
Recent bookmarks