What's new

Directors Another Crazy Brian Thingy! (2 Viewers)

Brian Kissinger

Screenwriter
With apologies to Mr. Kilduff, I'll be sending you your picks sometime this afternoon. Try to come up with something over the weekend, and have your synopsis sent back to me by Monday. Now, I understand that some of you (unlike myself) may have actual lives. So if you don't get them back to me by Monday, I won't have a fit. But I would like to get us rolling on Monday if at all possible. Look for a PM from me later today.

Brian Kissinger

Screenwriter
Alright. I do apologize for the delay. They had a super sign up special at Donkeylover......uh nevermind.

Anyway, I have sent everyone four characters and a setting. Feel free to add more, just make some up, or run with just those four. Mostly, everyone got male characters (just a couple exceptions), so the need to add female cast members may be a must.

I randomly picked all the people and settings, and then just started to plug them in here and there. That is pretty much the same effect I'll have from getting all your picks for me.

If you can have it back to me by Monday, that would be great. I would like to start pairing them up and voting then.

Have fun.

Mike Hutman

Supporting Actor
Now that I got my picks, I can't help but feel like I have just been assigned homework. What's worst is now I have this uncontrollable urge to put this off until the last minute.:D

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
You would then have to take that and come up with a plot synopsis....
This is our only direction on what you are looking for. Do you want to cap the word length or something? Do you have an example we should follow?

Because I assure that I have no life and I will write an entire damn screenplay by Monday if I'm not given boundaries. :)

Brad

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
How am I supposed to work lesbians into what you gave me? :angry: :p)

Brian Kissinger

Screenwriter
Okay folks. I have gotten three back already, one possible drop-out, and other questions. If one of our players should drop out, I'll let you know, and then everyone who hasn't yet sent me a character should do so, and I'll put my story in his place.

I'd like to run the first bracket later tonight. So try to get them to me as soon as possible.

Thanks,

brian

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Did you get my summary, Brian?

Just figured I'd ask.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Here's to a victory for me.

Brian Kissinger

Screenwriter
Yes, sir I did. I didn't want to include any names in case someone needed another day or something. I have enough to start tonight, but I would like to have the rest in soon.

brian

Brian Kissinger

Screenwriter
Alright Folks, we're set to go. I have one more yet to come, but he assures me it will be to me sometime today. So without further ado, let us begin.

First Up:
------------------------------------------------------------
OPC Productions presents a John Frankenheimer film

THE HOME LIFE OF AN ADVENTURER

It's 1969, and former Navy Seal Frederick Magnuson (Alan Swann, "My Favorite Year") is living a civilian's life with his loving but Women's Libber wife Laura (Mrs. Robinson, "The Graduate") and his aspiring scientist son William (Marty McFly, "Back To The Future") in Los Angeles, California. One day, while working on a flying contraption, William is seized by a trio of Manson-family style Y/Hippies. The man of the group is Lazarus Ingraham (Pumkin, "Pulp Fiction") and his two free-loving wives are named Lisa and Wendy (played by Thelma and Louise from the movie of the same name). William has been kidnapped because the Ingrahams need his mechanical expertise to build an airplane to get them into Seaside Federal Bank for a terrorist attack. Now, Frederick, with the assistance of Laura and William's friend Stevie (Jay Phat Buds, the Jersey "Trilogy") will use all of his Navy Seal training to get back his son.

You'll never settle down when you have...

THE HOME LIFE OF AN ADVENTURER

An exciting new movie from the producers of "New Jersey Dust" and the Oscar-winning "Dancing Through Time".

VERSUS

Thunderstruck Productions
Presents

All the Tea in Texas

Starring
General Jack D. Ripper (Dr. Strangelove or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb)
David Lo Pan (Big Trouble in Little China)
Bill Daggett (Unforgiven)
Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

Plot
Attorney Atticus Finch moves his practice to the city of Dallas in hopes of escaping the Depression and finding an oil well to strike it rich. But trouble soon comes looking for him when the Sheriff Bill Daggett doesn't want any lover of the black folk in his city.

The U.S. government has trouble on its hands with the Depression, and has no immediate solution in sight. However, General Jack D. Ripper suspects the Communists are behind the downfall of the American economy, and he sets his sights on preventing the Commies from stealing one of the greatest American resources: Texas oil. Taking a brigade of soldiers, he begins his march towards Dallas the likes of which have never been seen since General Sherman and the Civil War.

David Lo Pan has obtained all the tea in China, and in his quest for universal domination, sets out for America to destroy his competitors and destroy their supply of "Texas Tea". In addition, he seeks out his green-eyed bride and hopes to unlock the secret of the meaning of an Ancient Chinese proverb that has haunted his entire life, "One who seeks joy must be ridden cowgirl style".

The criteria you use to vote with is of your own choice. Vote for one because it made you laugh, was the better story, etc. Whatever you want.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
So if I'm in a movie theater and both shows are starting in ten minutes...

The Home Life of an Adventurer

My memories of Reindeer Games are too vivid to buy a ticket on Frankenheimer's name alone. And I don't feel the need to see Jay in anything for the rest of my life. It also appears that there is some confusion about the structure of our homework assignments since this film has the characters being actors who are playing different characters, whereas the second film has the same characters appearing in a different movie. The major thing that has me intrigued by this film is why someone would build a plane to rob a bank. :confused:

All the Tea in Texas

It's got Jack D. Ripper in it. I'm so there. Maybe that's a little unfair. I can see how plot lines B and C will merge, but it's unclear how plot line A gets incorporated. Presumably the showdown occurs in the town where Daggett and Finch live? I can see Little Bill walking out and trying to disarm Ripper's troops.

I'm going to have to side with All the Tea in Texas, because it is grander in scale and because I'm cringing at the thought of Mrs. Robinson trying to seduce Jay. Ewwww.

Brad

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks