What's new

Another Amazon "Buy One Blu-ray Disc and Receive a Second for Free" sale (1 Viewer)

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher

Work for me............

Just got Unforgiven & The Fugitive for $19.95 total.
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

Jari K

Senior HTF Member

Usually it´s just few days. Perhaps end of this week or something?

Link works fine for me.

edit: Btw. Selection has been updated now. I ordered 6 titles yesterday and more today, and new ones are added and some titles from the yesterday are gone (e.g. "Jailhouse Rock" and "Gods and Generals"..).

You can even get 2 "The Best of Blu-ray Disc"-sets in a price of one. :)

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member

I ordered Gothika and Dog Day Afternoon Tuesday, and they are gone now.
I was hoping they would have had A Christmas Story and Unforgiven the first time around, now they do- ordered those two plus Deliverence and Rio Bravo.

I'm only mildy interested in all of these, especially Deliverence as I just rented it out a few weeks back and won't have a desire to see it again for a while- but then on the other hand, time's ticking down to make use of that glorious extra 10% off- and the price these all actually come to ($7.96) is about as low as I ever expect to see HDMs get in the next couple years- so its now or never.

Just when I thought I was going to dig myself out of hole I put myself in with the DD/DVD Planet sales...

Jari K

Senior HTF Member

While there are some great titles included, I have admit that I tend to pick up also some titles from these sales that do not interest me in 100% (I certainly wouldn´t buy them in full price). So I picked up e.g. "March of the penguins" and "Under Siege" ( ;) ).

Anyway, thank you WB and Amazon!

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
I find myself wishing I'd grabbed Training Day now that they took it off the sale.

None of these I would have paid full price for- or even the $11-$15 they averaged in the B2G1 free sales in August where I dropped a lot of money. This is purely motivated by a sense that it's a 'can't lose' proposition.
I just sold a copy of the first pressing of FMJ for $10- so if that is worth $10 used, I should be able to watch all of these at least once and not lose any money on resale.

On the other hand, there is so much other stuff I already own and haven't watched yet, and that I want to watch more- I don't know when I will ever be motivated to watch some of these.
I may just end up reselling them without ever opening 'em.

I'm more than a little annoyed now that I made a huge order back in October to celebrate getting home from being on the road for a month and a half. I still haven't cracked the shrinkwrap on Wild Bunch or Viva Las Vegas.

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
If you like/want all those 8 movies in the Best of sets it works out to $7.12/movie. :eek:

What's the latest on The Fugitive? It had some sort of issues didn't it?

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
I watched The Fugitive last year on my old XGA pj and it looked nice - save for a couple instances of heavy aliasing. It is supposed to be one of the early 'compromised' encodes from Warner. David Boulet can tell you exactly what the issues were surrounding them.

For the most part though, it looked fine- and if you are buying it at the sale price, I woudl say the quality is more than acceptable for the price.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
That's weird -- has the selection ever changed so quickly before?

A couple of things I wanted are gone (waiting for my credit card period to roll over before ordering). Oh well!

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Cant beat The Searchers and Unforgiven at $19.95 TOTAL. I already own these on DVD, but at less than $10 per Blu-ray i couldnt pass!

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I just picked up The Departed, "300", Lethal Weapon 2 and The Fugitive for $39.12 shipped. That's a helluva deal IMHO. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks