What's new

Anone got a review on "My Name is Earl" yet? Music Intact? (1 Viewer)

Brent M

Senior HTF Member

You're just trying to be a pain in the ass at this point so there's no need to deal with you any longer. Welcome to my IGNORE LIST.

Kevin Martinez

Second Unit
The "Simpsons" synopsis Mark posted sounds like "Bart the Murderer", a Season 3 episode. But this is the only time aything about any Music Rpelacement that episode underwent

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
That's it. I actually have that episode sitting on my ReplayTV at home, so I'll have to do a comparison with the DVD sometime.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I believe (but I'm not certain) that the song from Bart The Murderer is the same on DVD as the broadcast. On the commentary, I think that they refer to a song that they wanted for broadcast but were not able to secure the rights to. In other words, the same song isn't what they wanted but it's still the song used in the broadcast. I think the confusion comes in because they're kinda vague on the commentary so you could interpret what they're talking about as referring to the DVD.

Once again, I could be wrong but SNPP doesn't note any change for that episode and they're anal enough to list any change to an episode (including when episodes had lines re-dubbed to list who was currently in the Superbowl or when an episode was changed on a network rerun to fit a Michael Jackson video in) so a change in music on the DVD would almost definitely have been found by those obsessed nerds.

EDIT: http://www.snpp.com/guides/dvdguide.html

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Oh, then that would be my bad.
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Well, I just finished watching every episode of the DVD set and I have to admit that I didn't even notice one missing song....and that's after knowing exactly what was replaced.

The only thing I kind of noticed was "Cherry Pie" was missing, but that's only because of the mention of it here and I couldn't remember exactly where it was, so it made no difference.

Anyways, I have to wonder something...there were a lot of instances where songs are being played in the background...I wonder if a lot of the replacement music was for the background music?

I know a lot of the music was picked especially to enhance the visuals by having the lyrics express what was going on in the scene...but I have to say that whatever was replaced, worked pretty well because this was just as enjoyable on DVD as it was on TV.

I think the Warrant song was during the scene when Joy and Earl make out (in the wedding episode) because the music used was the generic theme music (i.e. the composed TV music) which didn't detract from the scene and feeling at all.

I would have to say that anyone who passes on this set, they are sorely missing out...the "Bad Karma" episode is worth the money alone!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks