What's new

Annoying sound effects... (1 Viewer)

bassman99floyd

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jimmy
I'm a big fan of channel 16, The Vault. I can't stand the annoying sound effect of the vault door squeak. They play great music, that will make you want to turn the volume loud. With out warning, after the song ends, they play that sound effect. That sound effect is as annoying to me, as finger nails on a chalk board.

I've written to both Greg Steele and Gary Schoenwetter who are in management over the music channels. I told them how their sound effect is annoying, and kills the mood of a great song. They told me that I was the only one who ever complained about this.

So how about more people get in contact with these people, and try to get them to drop this sound effect.

Sirius Satellite Radio
1221 Ave Of The Americas
New York, NY 10020-1001

Gary Schoenwetter 212-584-6506
(Director of Rock)

Greg Steele 212-584-5247
(Director of The Vault)

I also would like them to have a Rock Jukebox, where they play old and new music. I would love to hear Collective Soul, followed by the Beatles.They should illuminate one of their one group stations. I mean, who would want to listen to one artist exclusively? To me, variety is the spice of life.

bassman99floyd

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jimmy
Thanks Tony. for being my first reply. Of the 81 people that read this post, you were the only other person with an opinion.

How can you really like that sound effect? If you have your music turned really loud, so you can enjoy a great song, how on earth can you enjoy that loud squeak at full volume? I see no need for it.

Any one else with an opinion?

Adam Bluhm

Supporting Actor
Just for the numbers, of the 86 people who have viewed this thread to this point, I am one of them who never listens to this station but was intrigued by your topic, so I had to see what it was all about.

Sorry. Maybe I'll give it a listen to see what it's all about. :)

I kind of know what you mean, though. I like listening to The Pulse and don't really like it when after every third song they have to come in and say, "You're listening to the Pulse." I guess it's just for station recognition, but I like hearing song after song after song with NO interruption. I figured that's what I was paying for when I got this radio.

Not really complaining, but if I'm going to be picky, that's my complaint.

James Edward

Supporting Actor
Count me in- I also can't stand that effect. It does take away a little from the music, but more annoying is how loud it is versus the music.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i guess it doesnt seem so looud to me..

i listen in the car and on a boom box. not through my home reciever.

bassman99floyd

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jimmy
Thank-you James for agreeing. I had XM before Howard came aboard, and switched there after. XM really sucked, as you would hear the same song played, within a 4 hour block.

Sirius really has the potential of domination, if they made our recommendations. They need to get away from useless sound effects, stop playing jingles like 'Corporate Whores' (Vault) etc, and just play non-stop, music.

As I mentioned before, the ultimate channel would be to have a channel, void of DJ's, and jingles, and just play non-stop music. Since I'm a rocker, I would love to hear a Pink Floyd song, followed by a Pearl Jam, Jeff Beck, followed by Beck, The Beatles, followed by Collective Soul, etc. My point, mix up old and new, don't make me choose one style over the other. Most important, don't play the same song again, for over a week. There is so much quality music, let's just hear it all.

That's my opinion, thanks for reading.

Jimmy C.

Brent T

Second Unit
Well bassman I hate you. I love the Vault and the sound never really bothered me until I read your post. Now every time it comes on I think of this damn post and it eats at me :)

Adam Bluhm

Supporting Actor
:D

I also think songs are repeated too often. I listen to The Pulse often and I've heard Paula Cole's Where Have All the Cowboys Gone about five times in the first week I had the radio and about ten times total in a month. I really didn't think, with all the songs that make up "The 90's and Now," that we'd have to hear that song over and over and over.

I'd like to hear a song no more than once every few days, MAYBE unless it's a brand new hit song that people want to hear, then I can put up with it once or twice a day.

Assuming I don't listen to Sirius 24 hours/day, I won't hear it once or twice a day. :)

I'm really nit picking here, though. Really I do love Sirius and all. I'm just thinking out loud that if I could change a few things, that's what I'd do.

.. and my gosh does ESPN Radio take a lot of commercial breaks! 2 out of 3 times I turn it there I begin with commercial and have to wait to get back to regular programming!

Anyway.. :)

bassman99floyd

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jimmy
Brent, LOL!!! I really did Laugh Out Loud!!! :laugh:

Sorry about bringing something to your attention. My true reason for creating this post, is so more people should contact the people in charge at Sirius, and here is their e-m address:

[email protected]
[email protected]

Tell them that We Don't Need No Stinking Sound Effects Man... so maybe they will listen. The power of many, exceeds the voice of one.

Wishful thinking I guess, but you never know.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i like the vault but the trouble with sirius is the repeated songs.

xm has a channel called deap cuts that is the xm version of the vault , but xn doesnt play the same songs over nearly as often as sirius.

i have kept sirius just for stern, but also listen to the vault.

Jeff D Han

Supporting Actor
Hey all-

I'm a fan of Sirius like all of you here, but of course the stations
aren't perfect. I agree that there are too many repeated songs,
especially on the vault (in theory if the channel delivers what
it advertises, you shouldnt hear any repeats for at least a week
if not longer).

The sound effect my blood boils over are the sound effects
of somebody eating something. The vault plays a couple of
promos with that eating sound, and it makes me want to
just punch my sportster through the fucking windshield when
I hear those promos.

bassman99floyd

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jimmy
Jeff, I know that promo too. Corporate whores is another annoying one. Who are they preaching too, but current subscribers?

Rather then get angry at me, or your Sportster, PLEASE call/e-mail or mail your complaints to:

Gary Schoenwetter 212-584-6506
[email protected]
(Director of Rock)

Greg Steele 212-584-5247
[email protected]
(Director of The Vault)

We pay them to provide a service, we should be able to tell them what they should/shouldn't play. If all the people that have read this post, and agree with me, would contact these guys, then my complaint would become louder, and mean more, then with just one voice complaining.

They are using the logic, if it's not broke, don't fix it. It's our job to let them know it is broken, and they should fix it.

Jimmy C.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks