What's new

Announcing MAUDE : The Complete First Season DVD (1 Viewer)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
That's probably a misprint, as happened with the press release on The Facts of Life S1/S2. They probably meant 560, which divided by 22 equals 25.something.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member

You bumped a thread after 5 minutes? That's just going to piss off the admins...

I'll look into the time thing with Sony.

Gord

***EDIT*** Official time from Sony is 572.

jasonandrew77

Auditioning
Real Name
Jason

WHEW! That makes sense, Matthew! Thank you for re-assuring me!

BTW, I think I've seen you posting on a Golden Girls thread as well, no? :)

jasonandrew77

Auditioning
Real Name
Jason

I knew someone would call me on that! LOL Actually, I am brand new to this forum, and I didn't know how else to subscribe to the thread.... I noticed AFTER I did the first post that you could subscribe, but couldn't find it anywhere on the main forum page... only way I could find out was by posting another reply...

So, my apologies... won't happen again!!! ;-)

BTW, thanks for the runtime clarification!!!!

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
"Lady Godiva was a freedom rider she didn't care if the whole world looked.
Joan of Arc with the Lord to guide her she was a sister who really cooked.

Isadora was the first bra burner and you’re glad she showed up. (Oh yeah)
And when the country was falling apart Betsy Ross got it all sewed up.
And then there’s Maude. (6X)

And then there’s that old compromisin’, enterprisin’, anything but tranquilizin',
Right on Maude!"

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
As sung by the great Donny Hathaway!

BTW, there were two things I really loved about this show, namely, Adrienne Barbeau! ;)

Bea and Rue were great too, but they didn't have the er, gifts Adrienne had to offer!!

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Awesome. I'd forgotten Hathaway sang that title song. No wonder it was so good.

Cool! Audio and video of Maude's opening segments. Just audio of closing.
http://www.sitcomsonline.com/m.html

I just noticed that the kitchen from Maude looks just like the one they used in that episode of Sanford & Son that was the short lived Grady spinoff. I just watched that episode and knew I'd seen that orange kitchen somewhere. Brady Bunch had a similar one. I've always wanted a creepy looking 1970s orange kitchen. :D

I'd forgotten Conrad Bain from Diff'rent Strokes was in the cast. Cool! Can't wait to see these! Even if we just get one season.

Demis G

Second Unit
Real Name
Demetris G
This morning I woke up and there she was in alll her glory when I opened the TV.. playing in MAME ... I will soon have it in a VHS cos a friend of mine works in the TV station :) :)

Susan Nunes

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Susan Nunes
I don't know if I will be buying the series or not; my wish list for vintage television series is rather long. :)

The one thing I didn't like the series is that it was too loud; it was MUCH louder than All in the Family. I just don't care for shows where people are screaming at each other.

Susan Nunes

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Susan Nunes

Bea Arthur did okay in that movie, surely one of the worst musicals of all time. You ain't lived until you hear Lucille Ball "sing." She gives Lee Marvin in "Paint Your Wagon" a run for his money.

"Mame" is so bad it's good.

Dan McW

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

Bain's identical twin, Bonar, appears in one Maude episode, "Vivian's Surprise," that I taped off TV Land. I was thinking when he first appeared onscreen that I was in for the typical classic-TV-show/split-screen effect that allows one actor to play both roles. I think the two men then shook hands or something, so I had to revise my split-screen theory.

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter

That was exactly my reaction back in the day. But then, I was just a kid and the context of the arguments were largely lost on me. Still, yelling is yelling.

I did watch a few on TV Land several years ago and it didn't bother me as much.

Susan Nunes

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Susan Nunes

It was just the opposite with me. I watched the series when it first ran, and the yelling didn't bother me then.

Now though I can't stand it.

I may end up taking a pass on this show.

Demis G

Second Unit
Real Name
Demetris G
well, we grow up, we perceive things and situations differently.
Don't forget that Maude was about everyday situations and problems. Argueing and shouting are all in an everyday household/family/marriage

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks