What's new

Announced: Flags Of Our Fathers/Letters from Iwo Jima - 5 disc set! (1 Viewer)

Lone Wolf

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Johnny B
Very nice! That 5 disc set will be mine!

Saw both films in theatrical release. Both excellent, "Letters" had the edge for me. Looking forward to the bonus documentaries disc as well. Adding the historical content will definitely round out this package for me.

Johnny B.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Also, they're both being released on HD-DVD/BRD the same day which is really cool for those that have made the plunge.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I thought FoOF was decent, but didn't feel the urge to own a copy. Haven't seen Letters yet, but the extras make that 5-disc set very tempting (pending actual street prices).

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
This is exactly what I was waiting for! But is it only me who feels that the fifth disc seems a little...light?

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
I'd also like to commend Warner for releasing a 2 disc SE of Letters from the get-go and not doing the same shameless double-dip that Dreamworks/Paramount pulled with Flags of our Fathers. But I guess that's Warner for ya. Gotta love 'em.

Oh yeah, 5 disc set for me. :)

Cory S.

Supporting Actor
That fifth disc seems a little light because the documentary has been out on DVD since Dreamworks released that bare bones version of Flags on DVD. It's not new at all...

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
One question...

Dreamworks initially released "Flags of our Fathers."

Recently, I have been disappointed in WBs transfers of movies in standard-def DVD. Do we think "Flags" from WB will be the same transfer as the Dreamworks disc, or their own transfer?

Thommy...M

Stunt Coordinator
Oh, this is the way it should be released. YES!

Did not buy FLAGS OF OUR FATHERS, but will now in this set. I found IWO JIMA to be the far better film.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
I knew those single-disc releases were crap. Hopefully I can return them! I want this really bad!!

ry

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
Q: Will Letters be released as a 1 disc edition at all? You know, CHEAPER?

Pabgon

Auditioning
Real Name
Pablo González R.
I'm happy I haven't bought Flags of our Fathers yet, I will buy instead the 5 disc set :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks