What's new

Anime movies (1 Viewer)

Kong Chang

Screenwriter
In Perfect Blue, the fake rape scene does signify and turning point in the character's life where reality and fantasy is indistinguishable. It's a darker life than her pop singing days. But she must abide if she wants to become popular again. Her mental anguish and stress has caused her to blur the fine lines between reality and dreams.

If you remember when they were shooting this scene, her manager was shocked and horrified by the experience and left immediately. The rape scene was repeated twice in her mind. My guess is that first one was the character's and the other one was her manager's interpretation of the rape scene.

In addition...

the triple cut scenes of repeated events should be represented as 1) reality, 2) dream/fantasy and 3) the manager's interpretation of these events. That is why these events, although occured in triplicate, seemed to occur with different viewpoints and angles.

Anyway, that's my take on it...very well done movie. First time for an animated movie to delve into psychotic-thriller.

Hunter P

Screenwriter
Ninja Scroll is the best anime ever made. Anyone is wrong if they say differently. I really liked the Bebop series, a must see. You can skip Metropolis unless you need the sleep. The movie is beautifully made but the story is BORING.
What I don't understand is why isn't Battle Angel on everyone's top 5 list? I loved that movie.
Kind of a side note: The animation on the video game "Ico" was great. I was really impressed.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
um I loved Metropolis I sat there gobsmacked thru the whole anime, brilliant visual design and well integrated CGI that puts last years Disney animation
Atlantis:The Lost Empire to shame.
Based on a 50 year old comic by "God of manga" Osamu Tezuka.:emoji_thumbsup:
Ninja Scroll is a classic of anime, its superb.
Katsuhiro Otomo's Akira remains the greatest anime ever IMO, absolutely incredible.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Definately check out Cowboy Bebop: Knockin' on Heaven's Door whenever Columbia decides to release it over here. I recently had the chance to see it and it now ranks up there with Princess Mononoke and Akira as one of my favorite anime movies. Also check out the entire Bebop series (6 DVD volumes, 26 episodes)... it is the BEST :)
If you are into something "weird, but good"... check out Angel Sanctuary... it is actually 3 episodes of a show, but it tells one story.
:D

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
I STRONGLY suggest Neon Genesis Evangelion. Its the BEST anime series (and has 2 movies) EVER
Absolutely, I agree 1000%. This series is pretty much what sold me on anime. It showed me what the genre was capable of.

Still, there is tons of anime titles out there that can hold their own. Such as Trigun, Gundam Wing and one of my personal favorites, Escaflowne.

Bruce

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks