What's new

ANGUS DVD - When ? (1 Viewer)

Ricky f

Supporting Actor
Hi
I made a post requesting ANGUS on DVD awhile ago.
I was wondering has anybody heard anything at all about this great movie being released on DVD ?
ANGUS was released in 95 and It really is one of my favourite movies.
Does anyone have any info at all about ANGUS being released on DVD and also what are the chances ?
ANGUS is owned by Newline
Regards,
Ricky
------------------
jasvparbanner2.jpg

www.petitiononline.com/UncutDVD

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Ricky, I have no idea, but I too want this wonderful and touching film.
------------------
God bless the USA and the men and woman of our military and their families!

Ricky f

Supporting Actor
John, those words you used describe the movie perfect
Wonderful and Touching ...

Joel C

Screenwriter
I'd expect a wait. Perhaps because New Line has such a small catalog, they are extremely slow about releasing older titles. Fans have been asking for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for years, and they haven't come out. Neither has Short Cuts, or many of the other films they own.
------------------
Joel
[email protected]
"I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech."
digitallyOBSESSED

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
Um...Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is out on DVD, with an anamorphic transfer to boot.
teenage%20mutant%20ninja%20turtles.jpg

BTW, what's Short Cuts?
------------------
Kyle³
------------------
Yahoo Messenger - digitalkyle
[Edited last by Kyle McKnight on October 06, 2001 at 03:11 PM]

DavidS

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
D.
It's my guess that this film is bogged down in rights issues. Who owns the rights to this film? Turner? New Line? Warner?

Furthermore, maybe there are rights issues pertaining to the music in the film. There are alot of songs from Lookout Records on the soundtrack, and maybe Lookout won't give them permission to use them in a DVD release?

RyanAn

Screenwriter
I'm sorry to resurrect a very very old thread, but I figure (hope) it's okay due to the fact that I stumbled upon the following site a few minutes ago:

http://www.wbshop.com/Angus/1000116891,default,pd.html?cgid=ZARCHIVEALL#

This is one of my all time favorite films, and one of the few titles that had yet to be released on DVD. It really hits home for me on so many levels and helped get me through some tough times.

Is offering Angus on a sort of 'burn on demand' option under their "Archive Collection" banner. Finally, Angus is on DVD! It's $20 bucks tho and frankly I'm a little on the fence. If anyone purchases, please let me know and take a pic of it.

Thanks,

Ryan

Charlie O.

Supporting Actor
I have it. The transfer is pretty good but nothing special. It anamorphic at least. I'm pretty sure the audio is just 2.0 surround and its only extra is a trailer. Being one of those Archive Collection discs, the menu are just the basic template that all the archive discs have and the chapter stops are every ten minutes, not at specific key points like on retail pressed DVDs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks