ANGEL - Slim sets coming in November after all...

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Nicholas Martin, Aug 18, 2006.

1. Nicholas Martin

Nicholas Martin Cinematographer

2. Bill>Moore

Bill>Moore Second Unit

Well, that's good to hear. I'm missing the last two seasons of Angel and will wait to pick them up until after the slims are released. I won't bother going back and getting the previous seasons in slimmed form.

3. Scott-S

Scott-S Cinematographer
    Supporter

Scott
    I am still waiting for the complete set to come out in region 1 ala The Choese Collection of Buffy.

4. Garysb

Garysb Screenwriter

They also said the list price of the season sets is dropping from $59.99 tp $39.99. They are currently selling for $25 at Costco.

5. Eugene Esterly

Eugene Esterly Supporting Actor

Well, currently, I only own Angel: Season 1 but I never even watched it yet (bought it 2 yrs ago). I'm going to have to get the other seasons.

6. Jeff#

Jeff# Screenwriter

I also only have the first season of ANGEL, Eugene, and I bought that set when it was fairly new (in 2002) around the time that series was starting it's next to last season. I did purchase the entire Buffy series, however, in the excellent Chosen One set, which coincidentally also came out in November (last year).

7. Nicholas Martin

Nicholas Martin Cinematographer

What is with you Buffy fans that never gave ANGEL a chance?

I hear endlessly about how so many people think of both shows as two halves of a whole...so why ignore that other half?

8. Jeff#

Jeff# Screenwriter

Who ignored it? For 5 years I saw every episode of ANGEL when it first aired on the WB network, and for 7 years on both WB and later UPN I never missed Buffy as well. The high prices kept me from buying Buffy until the series megaset came out. I'll purchase the rest of the spinoff at these new lower prices even if I have to continue to get it one season at a time.