What's new

Angel season 5 (MERGED THREAD) (1 Viewer)

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
Regarding Lorne and Lindsey, I thought it was made quite clear that Lorne had seen Lindsey's future and knew he'd be up to no good. Basically, assassinating him was a preemptive strike to prevent him from doing any damage in the future. Think of it like what Christopher Walken tried to do with Martin Sheen in The Dead Zone.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member

Funny you should mention that, because I always felt that the Angelus fleshed out by the spinoff was in direct conflict with the Angelus of Becoming (S2 finale of Buffy). I don't think Angelus of Angel would actively seek the destruction of the world. What Spike said in that last ep of S2 (of Buffy) sounds like something Angelus (or my perception thereof) would have said in the spinoff.

I have watched 11.5 seasons of Buffyverse and still can't get enough! I will most definitely own both shows some day.

--
H

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone

Keep watching. If season 5 is about anything, it's about getting back on the right path.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben

No, but it's a reasonable inference, at least for where you currently are in season 5. By the end of season 5, a lot of things change.

M.

Scott_F_S

Second Unit
I have still to watch the last three eps, plan on doing it tonight. But this season of Angel is amazing. It's got to rank right up there with the best of all Buffy/Angel seasons. I wouldn't argue with somebody if they tried to say it's the best Angel season. I'm still partial to S2, but S5 certainly is just as much of a revelation as S2 was.

I thought the early shows in the season were very strong, too. Just because they were mostly standalone eps doesn't mean they weren't great.

"Destiny" was magnificent. And I loved the party ep (can't remember the title). That one made me laugh out loud a couple of times.

Can't wait to get home from work to finish up.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben

One more point on this: In the commentary on "Destiny", the authors of the episode (David Fury and Steven DeKnight) reveal that the original idea for the episode was to have Angel and Spike fighting over Buffy. Then they decided that wouldn't work, given the fact that there was no longer a Buffy show (and although they don't say so, I suspect they knew they would have problems getting Gellar back later in the season). So they decided to make the fight over something bigger, and since they needed to deal with the fact that Angel was no longer unique, the Shanshu Prophecy was a logical choice.

M.

Matt Thompson

Stunt Coordinator
Regarding Shanshu, Spike wants it a little bit for himself, mostly to try and get Buffy to love him (remember the "No you don't, but thanks for saying it" comment in Chosen?). However, the big reason is that he simply wants to steal something away from Angel.

Paraphrasing here...

Daryl Stovall

Second Unit
To really understand the relationship between Spike and Angel,all you have to do is listen to the audio commentary to "Fool for Love" from Buffy's Fifth Season.

Martin Rendall

Screenwriter
Does anybody want to buy a special slipcover for their season 5 Angel? It has the usual English on it, plus a translation into some sort of demon language. Possibly Pylean?

Used once. Going real cheap.

Martin.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben

It's made even clearer in Spike's conversation with Buffy when she gives him the amulet in "Chosen". (Favorite line: "He wears lifts, you know.")

M.

Matt Thompson

Stunt Coordinator
If in the future Spike shanshus I'll be so mad I'll... so mad I'll...

*sigh* I'll sit my ass down and wait for Angel to kick Captain Peroxide around.

Scott_F_S

Second Unit
, and I was quite pleasantly surprised at how interesting Spike was once again. Like many others, I became quite annoyed with him in the last couple seasons of Buffy. But I thought he was great here and would have liked to have seen more of him with Angel.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben

If you listen to Jeffrey Bell's commentary on the episode, it's pretty clear that they intended Angel to mean what he wrote.

M.

Scott_F_S

Second Unit
If you listen to Jeffrey Bell's commentary on the episode, it's pretty clear that they intended Angel to mean what he wrote.

Oh, I have no doubt about that. It was just a passing thought I had when he scribbled it so hastily.

I just thought of another question. What court has jurisdiction over those W&H contracts?

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
I think Jeff Bell said that because it ended up being the series finale....and maybe Joss wrote that part, so Bell doesn't know what he was thinking.

Especially since they put that bit in about good handwriting, I still don't buy it, regardless of what they say.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks