What's new

Angel Heart SE - May 18, 2004 (MERGED THREAD) (1 Viewer)

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
I read about it on DVDTalk earlier, and found it for preorder here: http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_ite...139944&redir=1

Its about fucking time!!! I've been waiting on this rumored SE for years now. Glad to see it looks worth the wait though, as those extras sound sweet. I absolutely adore this film, definitely one of my all time favorites, and definitely Rourke's finest film in my book. An underrated masterpiece, and one of the best films of the 80s.

Ric Bagoly

Senior HTF Member
A must-have that WILL be purchased on Release Day...

Uh, Justin, Angel Heart came out in 1987...:D

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Haha, yeah, typo. I'm used to saying that about the 90s, so... Sorry about that. I'll edit it.

Dave Simpson

Second Unit
Count me in! A really terrific, largely-forgotten flick. "I know who I am...!!"
Really great cover art, though :rolleyes:By the way, is this intended for Region 1? The above link doesn't make it clear (to me, at least). Cheers.

DS.

Marc_Sulinski

Supporting Actor
Is the SE the unrated or R-rated? DVDEmpire lists it as R-rated. I believe that the previous version is the unrated, despite the packaging claiming it is rated R.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
"I saw you doin' the cock-a-doodle-doo with Toots Sweet".

Great movie with an actor on a great run (Pope of Greenwich Village, Angel Heart, Year of the Dragon).

Let's get an anamorphic "Pope" and an SE of "Year of the Dragon" and I can relive my 80's youth.

BillGo

Stunt Coordinator
The long awaited Angel Heart special edition from Artisan (now owned by Lions Gate) is due out on May 18.

It will be 1.85 anamorphic with 5.1 audio and have the following extras:

1) New interview and audio commentary by Mickey Rourke
2) Audio commentary by director Alan Parker
3) New documentary: 'The Voodoo in Angel Heart'
4) Interviews
5) Trailer
6) Gallery

I gleaned the above info from Widescreen Review and Best Buy's website. Oddly, Lions Gate's website has no indication the DVD is coming, at least not yet.

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
These are are the current updated specs:

Introduction and audio commentary with director Alan Parker, selected scene commentary with actor Mickey Rourke, new interviews with Parker and Rourke, "Vodoun Truths" documentaries discussing the facts, history and beliefs of Voodoo (they include "New Orleans Voodoo Connection," "Voodoo... the Truth," "Dance as Worship," "Voodoo Macumba Dance Ensemble" and "Ashé!"), vintage behind-the-scenes footage, original production featurettes and trailers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks