What's new

Andy Griffith RIP (1 Viewer)

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Per TMZ Andy Griffith passed away today at 86.
www.tmz.com/2012/07/03/andy-griffith-dies-dead/

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I guess the fishing hole couldn't wait anymore. Thanks for the preservation of a great look at an idealized American life, Andy. We could all use a little more Mayberry in the way we treat each other these days.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollywoodaholic /t/321975/andy-griffith-rip#post_3944577
I guess the fishing hole couldn't wait anymore. Thanks for the preservation of a great look at an idealized American life, Andy. We could all use a little more Mayberry in the way we treat each other these days.

Very well stated, Wayne. I know I could use a LOT more Mayberry in my life.

Gary "would live in Mayberry with Andy, Barney and the rest of the gang in a heartbeat if given a chance" O.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
TCM will tribute Andy Griffith on Wednesday, July 18, with four of his films: Elia Kazan’s A Face in the Crowd (1957), at 8/7c; No Time for Sergeants (1958) at 10:15 pm; Hearts of the West (1975) at 12:30 am; and Onionhead (1958), at 2:15 am Thursday.
TVLand has announced it will air a Andy Griffith Show marathon tomorrow, July 4th, from 8 a.m.-1 p.m. ET.
Set your DVRs accordingly. Glad to see a national channel has the rights to the Andy Griffith Show and can broadcast a tribute.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Per Deadline.com
Ron Howard's comments about the passing of Andy Griffith:
His love of creating, the joy he took in it whether it was drama or comedy or his music, was inspiring to grow up around. The spirit he created on the set of The Andy Griffith Show was joyful and professional all at once. It was an amazing environment. And I think it was a reflection of the way he felt about having the opportunity to create something that people could enjoy. It was always with respect and passion for the opportunity and really what it could offer people in a very unpretentious and earthy way. He felt he was always working in service of an audience he really respected and cared about. He was a great influence on me. His passing is sad. But he lived a great and rich life.

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor
Some people are actually celebrating his death, just because he was a supporter of President Barack Obama and Obamacare.
Sickening.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
A wonderful man, a wonderful performer, and a kind soul and gentleman. May he RIP.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The news of Andy Griffith passing away came as a surprise.

Some of Andy Griffith's 70's work I'm interested in, but what I will remember him for (even though I haven't seen a lot of it) is Matlock. Sometimes in modern day animated comedy series they take the mickey out of a programme from years/decades ago, but I thought The Simpsons did a good homage to Matlock on more than one occasion.

Roy Wall

Supporting Actor
Garysb said:
TCM will tribute Andy Griffith on Wednesday, July 18, with four of his films: Elia Kazan’s A Face in the Crowd (1957), at 8/7c; No Time for Sergeants (1958) at 10:15 pm; Hearts of the West (1975) at 12:30 am; and Onionhead (1958), at 2:15 am Thursday.
"No Time For Sergeants" is one of the very best top ten comedies ever....and I agree with Danny Peary....Griffith should have won a Oscar for "A Face In The Crowd".

dmiller68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David Miller
Another sad day losing someone that was part of many of our life's going up.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
I was deeply saddened at his passing although with reports of his health not being great it shouldn't have been a shock. Andy, along with Dick Van Dyke and Johnny Carson (pre-retirement) , was one of those rare TV personalities who always seemed to "be there" and was larger than life. Andy and Dick in particular were admired by me for their generally classy behavior and for not being shy about expressing the importance of their faith.

For those who have never seen the movie "Waitress" from a few years ago, I highly recommend it. Andy's supporting character steals every scene he is in and the movie itself is charming and uplifting.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I had some time this afternoon so I watched "Man in a Hurry" and "The Pickle Story" in honor of Andy and company. So funny even half a century later.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I made a short clips tribute to remember Andy Griffith. I posted the link below for those who might want to see it.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I read on another Board Mr. Griffith HAS ALREADY BEEN BURIED! I hope he (or his relatives) aren't trying to hide something, like a certain Musician did when he assumed room temperature in 1987...

jim_falconer

Screenwriter
I've had the first 5 seasons of "The Andy Griffith Show" on DVD for years now, without ever watching any of the shows. With the passing of Andy, I finally decided to watch some episodes. Started out last night with season 3, and the wonderful episode "Mr. McBeevee". I beleive I watched the next 4 episodes after that one, and will try to make a point to watch more in the coming weeks. Wonderful show, with an actor who fit the lead role perfectly.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
jim_falconer said:
I've had the first 5 seasons of "The Andy Griffith Show" on DVD for years now, without ever watching any of the shows.  With the passing of Andy, I finally decided to watch some episodes.  Started out last night with season 3, and the wonderful episode "Mr. McBeevee".  I beleive I watched the next 4 episodes after that one, and will try to make a point to watch more in the coming weeks.  Wonderful show, with an actor who fit the lead role perfectly.
The cast was amazing, especially the tie-ins with the episodes. Andy Griffith was an amazing talent and now he can join Barney Fife and George Lindsay in the Big Mayberry in the sky.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks