What's new

Andy Barker, Private Eye (merged) (1 Viewer)

Tom Brennan

Screenwriter
Real Name
(see above)
I don't know, I read a lot about how this show was so brilliant and creative... but honestly, I didn't see too much of it in the episodes I watched (and I watched all 6 online.) I am a fan of Andy, I think he is inherently funny and just needs a venue to showcase himself properly. I just don't think this show was it.

I think I expected more from the people involved (Conan, Andy, and Buster Bluth) to bring me a really smart and funny show that raised the bar on the 30 min comedy show. But all too often it seemed, the show went predictable routes and went for some easy laughs. Not enough smarts for me to be compared to the likes of Arrested Development or the Office. The show kind of assumed it was funnier than it actually was... I just couldn't buy into it.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
i think the pilot was okay (okay not great) but the episodes from then went downhill. i just watched the final back-to-back broadcasts and i'd never think a show produced by Conan O'Brien and starring Andy Richter could be THAT unfunny. the shows were entirely plot-driven and the plots were BORING. if these weren't the last episodes i'd stop watching anyways. better luck next time.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Pretty much sums it up for me. Sometimes, clever can make funny things funnier, but clever in and of itself is not inherently funny.

Too bad they couldn't bring back Andy Richter Controls the Universe. Now THAT was funny. And clever.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I really clicked with this show. I loved the way Andy brought a certain self-consciousness to the ridiculousness of what surrounded him.

"My name is Andy Barker, and I may have watched!"

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I thought it was pretty funny, though I did expect better from a show associated with Conan.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
this show was a dissapointment for me.

not funny.
like the guy who thinks he's funny but no one else does.

seemed very amateurish to me.

i dont know just didnt click for me.

so far only controls the universe has been good.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I watched the last two episodes, and was quite disappointed by them.

I only really liked one episdoe, and that was episode #4

sad it didn't go further though

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks