What's new

Andromeda tv show coming to dvd (good & bad news)... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Well, the good news is that ADV is going to be producing the show for dvd. The bad news is that they will probably be only putting 2 episodes on a disc.
frown.gif

I hope they change their minds and do either season box sets or put 3-4 episodes to a disc. If their is anyone who works for ADV or knows someone that does. Can you give any more info.
Here is the link to the info. It is in the beginning of the article: http://www.animeondvd.com/press/conv...l_report-2.htm
[Edited last by todd s on August 28, 2001 at 03:18 PM]

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
David Williams, last I heard, had no further information about these discs.
I think you might be right. They will probably be similar to the Farscape discs they are releasing. The good thing is, they probably will be as cheap as well.
I suggest you monitor the "Off Topic" or "Manufacturers" forums on Anime On DVD and wait until more details come out. David Williams does monitor the boards, as well as others from ADV, so you may catch their ear.
Jason
------------------
My DVD Collection

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
As I have explained in many a Farscape thread, ADV is NOT a large company, and these shows are too niche to get the large retailers to bite on large numbers of box sets. I think that as long as they continue to produce such quality product, that everything's good on my end
I just wish they'd gotten E:FC instead of Andromeda
Jeff Kleist

Chris Beveridge

Second Unit
Jeff,
What're the odds of them having E:FC as well? They're giving the nudge nudge wink wink about their relationship with the Roddenberry material that's out there.
As for the ep/vol count, I'd expect this one to go different than the Farscape release. Farscape has sooooo many hands in the pie it's ridiculous. Andromeda should be less involved which may allow more episodes per disc.
------------------
Chris Beveridge
Webmaster, www.animeondvd.com
Animation and stories for those who like to think outside of the Disney box

Bruce F

Agent
Real Name
Bruce
Speaking of the Roddenberry connection, I'd pay some good money for a boxed set of his failed pilots...
Genesis II, Planet Earth, The Questor Tapes, Spectre
Pretty niche market, but I suspect a fairly large group of them would pick it up. Lots of interesting links between these and some of his later work.
Bruce

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Farscape has sooooo many hands in the pie it's ridiculous. Andromeda should be less involved which may allow more episodes per disc.
"Andromeda" has a few hands in the pie, too - Roddenberry/Kirschner, Atlantis Alliance, Tribune, Fireworks(?). There are a lot of vanity cards at the end of an episode.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Well, it's quite possible they have an option on E:FC, but I think it probably has a lot of problems for video given that Alliance Atlantis (Big Canadian DVD company) makes it. I'd say Artisan would be first up for US rights based on previous relationships
I HOPE ADV has it mind you
Jeff Kleist

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks