What's new

And Then There Were None delayed? (1 Viewer)

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
Rene Clair's And Then There Were None had an 8/27 release date and I had it pre-ordered thru Amazon. Today I received an email from Amazon that it wouldn't ship until September 13th. Anyone hear about a delay?

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
Yup...same here. Got my delay notice yesterday, which wasn't a surprise because there hadn't been ANY movement on my order prior to yesterday and that's when it was due (so I knew something was most likely up)

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I ordered mine from ClassicFlix and I emailed them yesterday around this time and havent heard back...they did debit the amount when I pre-ordered so I am going to wait it out I guess ( Unless I see it at a store ! )

gunthertoody

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David
Yes. I contacted VCI directly and they said it is delayed, but gave no specific date as to when it will be in.

kevin_y

Stunt Coordinator
The Blu-ray may be delayed but the corresponding DVD certainly isn't, because I'm holding it in my hand. The DVD doesn't have high-definition picture but it does benefit from VCI's restoration of the film.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
kevin_y said:
The Blu-ray may be delayed but the corresponding DVD certainly isn't, because I'm holding it in my hand. The DVD doesn't have high-definition picture but it does benefit from VCI's restoration of the film.
Well that in itself is very exciting! Thanks for the information!

kevin_y

Stunt Coordinator
Hate to be the bearer of bad news. I just viewed the new VCI DVD and its quality is simply NOWHERE near the 2001 Image DVD edition. The corresponding Blu-ray may look better in hi-def, but VCI simply didn't use as good a print as Image did, and no Blu-ray or Ultra-Blu-ray is going to fix that. Contrast, brightness, and sharpness and everything across the board are all inferior to the Image disc. And the VCI picture is significantly CROPPED on all four sides of the screen compared to the Image disc. Sighhhhh.... I'm going to send Image an email to urge them to make its own Blu-ray edition to do the film justice.

Screen captures. I don't even have to tell which ones are from the VCI disc and which are from Image.

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
Without having them both to look at the DVD captures remind me of the dark old VCI disc from way back when, which is why the Image was so highly praised as an upgrade when it was first released (except, I seem to remember, for some really rough looking credits.)

kevin_y

Stunt Coordinator
Will Krupp said:
Without having them both to look at the DVD captures remind me of the dark old VCI disc from way back when, which is why the Image was so highly praised as an upgrade when it was first released (except, I seem to remember, for some really rough looking credits.)
The old VCI disc from 1999 actually looks pretty bright: screenshot. But it has no sharpness at all as you can see. The Image disc does have a scratchy and blurry opening credits, but the special features include the offensive "Ten Little N-----" opening credits that look great. So it seems the reason why the Image disc looks great is that it came from a British print that has the offensive opening credits.

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
kevin_y said:
The old VCI disc from 1999 actually looks pretty bright: screenshot.
oh wow, thanks for that! I haven't seen it in years as I gave the VCI away when I got the Image, but I don't know why I remembered the VCI as very dark and murky. Memory's a funny thing, I guess!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Well, my BD has shipped so I'll do my own comparison on my HT setup to the Image and VCI DVDs that I still have in my collection.

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
Robert Crawford said:
Well, my BD has shipped so I'll do my own comparison on my HT setup to the Image and VCI DVDs that I still have in my collection.
YAY!!!! I'd hate to buy the blu and wind up with a MARTHA IVERS situation!!

Looking forward to your observations, sir :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks