What's new

And the winner of the new 15" Adire driver is....... (1 Viewer)

Kevin Deacon

Second Unit
Oh come on, the name TUMULT sucks!

"Hey dude, what kind of sub is that?"
"Oh man that's my new TUMULT."
"To what? To molt? Dude my pet python is getting ready to molt"

There's many other cool names besides TUMULT. And no, I'm not mad because I didn't win.

Vince Bray

Stunt Coordinator
Oh come on, the name TUMULT sucks!
You're absolutely right! Also, what kind of stupid name was shiva? What was that? I think it should have been called 'ultra' or something really original.
[/TOUNGEINCHEEK] I love the name! Very original and descriptive. It evokes dark and powerful. Wish I thought of it ;) Good job, Dan.

Mike Keith

Second Unit
Tumult? That's a terrible name, (no offence Dan) doesn't have a very catchy sound, I thought mine was too corny but after hearing all the other silly suggestions I feel pretty good about my submission now.

Epicenter; The center of an earthquake.

I agree with the above post all the names should be posted it could be a lot of fun. Hey, lets have our one vote just for fun.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I suggested the name "Shakti" because it means "power" in hindu (I think). Plus it has a nice ring to it. What's that? That's my Shakti! (I pronounce it "shock-tee" but it might be pronounced "shaq-tee")

Martice

Screenwriter
Hi Pat. I've posted nearly 800 times and this is my first time responding to you directly although I've read many of your posts in the past.
Unfortunately, I am going to have to tell you that the name that you picked simply SUCKS!!!!!! :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
Just playing. I actually liked your name because of it's simplicity and obvious relation to one of the most important aspects of subwoofing which is POWER!!
I hope you didn't mind the humor. I figured since this was my first time responding to you directly, I may as well make it one to remember. :D

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
I hope you didn't mind the humor. I figured since this was my first time responding to you directly, I may as well make it one to remember.
"Pat", as you call him (please use "Patrick" or "Mr. Sun" in the future) prefers not to be addressed directly, or even looked upon unless absolutely necessary. You've been warned.

Casey H

Stunt Coordinator
Congrats Dan!
But mine was the best! Kali (Call-lee) (Black Goddess of Death and Destruction)
Oh well, we all need to just get on with life! ;)
Casey

A

Anthony_Gomez

"Pat", as you call him (please use "Patrick" or "Mr. Sun" in the future) prefers not to be addressed directly, or even looked upon unless absolutely necessary. You've been warned.
Heck, even "Pat" refers to himself in the third person!!!!

Jeff Rosz

Second Unit
LOL
i think im gonna fall outta my chair.
i chose Mr.Sunodriver. alas, i didnt win. man, i thought it was a gimmie too. :frowning:

Chris Carswell

Supporting Actor
Most of the names I saw suuuuucked. No real thought. I chose the best name of all:
A sub should be loud as hell, annoying, and nasty. One should think after hearing it, "OOOOOH, How expensive, this is going to cost a LOT of money". The name should imply very bad things, things no man in his right mind should EVER mess with. Just hearing it makes one quiver. So naturally I named it "Kathy" after my X wife.....

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Pat would prefer that as long as no one calls him "Crackhead Bob" that he's cool with whatever else people want to address him here as (within limits of cordiality, of course, else I'd have to turn up that sub, the one labelled "Bass Ass Bass", and crank it up).

Chris Carswell

Supporting Actor
Thanks Kyle,
My second choice was Vishnu or Visnu how ever you want to say it. I think a lot of people went with this one b/c he was the supreme god of modern Hinduism & the most widely worshiped and pre-eminent member of the triad of gods he forms with Brahma and Shiva. Now how perfect was that..... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.