What's new

And the winner of the new 15" Adire driver is....... (1 Viewer)

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
.....Dan Pawlowski with the name of Tumult
Tumult pronounced 'tü-mult like '2 mult' means a turbulent uprising - violent agitation of mind or feelings - a violent outburst
It is the root word that the word tumultuous is based upon.
I just want to thank everybody for their submissions. There were many great names submitted and it was hard to even narrow them down not to mention picking a winner.

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
I wish we had pics. We decided to announce now instead of making everybody wait for the prototype.

On another note, Dan decided to go to the build house and be there when the first units are made. This will delay the prototypes about a week so look for pictures around the 21st or so.

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
Congrats,

I know what tumultuous means because of the Alanis Morisette song "Thank you India" but I'd never use that word in a sentence.

15 inch Tumult doesn't really have a ring to it IMO, The name could evolve into some of the following nick names:

Adire Tum15
T-15

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Funny how I agree Seth. But I would have had to kill you if your name was drawn from the hat for that one ;)

Martice

Screenwriter
The name I had for the driver is The Sumiom (pron. Soo Me Um). Nicknamed Sumi (soo mee)
The first part 'Sumi' is derived from the word Summit.
Definition:
summit n
1. the highest point or top of something, especially a mountain
2. a meeting between heads of government(in this case HTF DIY) or other high-ranking officials to discuss a matter of great importance (LFE)
3. the highest point, level, or degree of something
__________________________________________________ ____________________
The second part of the name is 'OM' which is defined as:
'OM' is a Hindu word that means the primal sound or vibration from which the entire universe constantly emanates. It is the sound of creative departure and return(xmax).
__________________________________________________ ___________________
There it is. The Sumiom driver (pron. Soo me um).
Out of many(summit)comes one that represents the highest level or point (Bass). It is the primal sound or vibration from which the entire universe constantly emanates(OM).
Congrats Dan!! :emoji_thumbsup:

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
Like I said, there were many, many good names and I picked my top five and sent them off to Adire. The guys there then looked through and picked their favorite.
I do have to hand it to Martice coming up with the most original name :D (Hint: it was in my top 5)

A

Anthony_Gomez

what were all the top 5 names?
...They should win a free Tempest :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
..as if you guys aren't generous enough

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
You showed your face Dan, prepare to be linched ;)
But congrats on the win, we'll all be looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.