What's new

And the speaker goes through the wall......... (1 Viewer)

Chris Madalena

Stunt Coordinator
Hello,

Last night my cute little Whippet puppy got a bit too playful with my Boston CR9 and sent it flying through the air, hitting and piercing the wall, bounced off the baseboard heater, and landed on the carpet-covered concrete floor. It sustained cosmetic damage on two corners, and has a nasty gouge on the bottom edge. I'm very worried abut the structural integrity of the cabinet now, and since it's a discontinued speaker from Boston there's not a whole lot they can do.

Is there a way to fill in the gouge with some kind of putty? I have no experience in this area. It's finished in a black vinyl covering over MDF.

Thanks in advance for you suggestions.

Michael R Price

Screenwriter
I think you can buy some 'wood filler' at a local hardware store, I got a little tub of it for like $2 from Home Depot so I could smooth out my speaker cabinets (which I had shoddily built). It comes in light and dark colors, you spread it on with a knife and let it dry for a while then you can sand it smooth, and re-paint it black (or recover in vinyl).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks