What's new

And the 2007 Universal Horror/Sci-Fi Classic Titles are... (1 Viewer)

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
i know the clerk that helped me , couldnt find it either, but had a prinout in hand with this weeks stock releases, that is how i know, said that they had copies in the back and would put them out tonight.

Richard_Gregory

Second Unit
That's a very different SKY number to the one posted over onDVDTalk, mind you, that didn't show up either!

They gave the number as SKU025195011686 and they work in a Best Buy

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
that is the inventory number that the clerk had, on a printout for the store, call the closest store to you have them run that number or give the name as listed and have them do a stock check, you will be pleasantly surprised i hope as i am. only wish i had some extra cash on hand tomorrow i would get more than one copy, hey the first one is going for a high point on amazon of like $147 a pice, about 4 more copies at that price and i could get a wii for the boy for christmas

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Given those prices, I fully expect BB staff to buy every single copy (again) and none left for us. Which makes the lack of a link on the website all the more galling. But I'll gamely give it a shot tomorrow AM and see if there are any, I guess.

Richard_Gregory

Second Unit

If that happens the secondary market will be flooded which will bring the price down.

There are really not *that* many people who would be willing to part with $100+ for this sort of film. If there were then Universal would price it that way too.

It's already happening with last year's.

But I agree, this has ben very, *very* badly handled by Worst Buy. Let's hope Universal dump them and go for Amazon instead, or better yet, dump the idea of these dumb exclusive deals.

Contrary to what some people think, they would still release them. If Sony think a Katzman set will sell, and Warner can sell Camp Classics, then Universal would be dumb not to do it...ah I see the problem there :))

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I don't think the average BB employee even knows that these exist, let alone them caring enough to buy them up and sell them on eBay. However, I will believe that there's losers who will buy multiple copies so they can screw other fans over for a profit.

BethHarrison

Second Unit
Real Name
Bethany Harrison
To use Mario's terms 'non-Yank' people such as myself would be prepared to throw hard earned dollars for these releases. Bitterly disappointed that I cannot order online, or will be forced to pay through the nose via Amazon or Ebay.

I have just jumped online to order the Classic Western Round Up releases as well. :frowning:

I agree with everything you said Mario. Of course it would be unladylike to swear thought :P I am glad you spat the dummy on my behalf.

Jeff Reis

Stunt Coordinator
Those of us going to BB tomorrow to look for this Univesal set will surely find this of interest...looking at BB's website I'm starting to think the Midnight Movies, The Burning, Lost World, Witchfinder etc, are NOT going to be in stores tomorrow, if ever. On other titles yet to be released you see "coming soon" under store pickup, but on these Midnight Movies/The Burning etc it says "not available".

:rolleyes

Edited to add: and "From Beyond" does show coming soon under in-store pickup.

Nick Zbu

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick Zbu
This is incredibly pathetic of Best Buy. It's little wonder why MGM/Fox didn't bother making the new Midnite Movies exclusives through them anymore. They possibly wanted to sell copies of their discs, not fall victim to some major-league stupidity via a fading big box store.

I'll head there tomorrow to check out what's there, but considering the rarity of the set due to a stupid special deal, I'm not going to be happy about it. I'm half-tempted to start a writing campaign to Universal about this.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
I echo what others are saying -- Worst Buy is now a big joke. Lousy selection, not even "best prices" some of the time, people working there who know noithing --- and when you walk in and out of their stinking store they always have someone standing at the door to ask you "How are you?" and "Have a nice day!" I never hesitate to shoot back something like "I'll let you know how I'm doing if I see you have what I'm looking for!". And when I am on the cashier's line and some teenage clerk asks me "did you find everything you were looking for?" don't think they don't get an earful from me!
It's truly a terrible place, and what irks me more than ever is that they have knocked out better stores like Tower and independent mom and pop establishments, when those places used to stock everything!!

That said, I do have at least 3 WORST BUY stores in my nearby area, so it's not a problem for me to deal with the "exclusive" issues for the Universal Sets. But I can understand and sympathize with those of you who aren't as fortunate, and believe me I'd be right there with you screaming about this pathetic situation otherwise. Even though I can get the movies I'm looking for rather easily, I still think Universal and WORST BY stink for this dumb decision.

I plan to go there in under three hours to see what happens, but now I'm learing that they may not stock the Midnite Movies? Jeeezz.

Richard_Gregory

Second Unit

Correct, if you look at their website, you will see that they are available to order and "usually ship in 1 working day" but they are all marked "Store Pickup - Not Available". So is The Fly Collection along with the non-Midnites such as The Burning - but the Vincent Price Collection is in stores, or should be.

I can't think of any good reason why anyone would want to order online from Worst Buy, as there are plenty of online stores and most of them are about 30% cheaper and have much better customer service?

Why buy from Worst Buy at $12.99 a pop when you could go to DVDPacific and get them at $8.99?

Richard_Gregory

Second Unit
-sigh- four copies on Ebay already, all by the same seller. That's what happens with these dumbass store exclusives, some jerk will go to a store as soon as it opens and snag the lot, just to resell at profit.

Wouldn't happen if it was on the Worst Buy website.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member

I noticed that, but I was wondering if perhaps this means that a service to arrange for picking the discs up in the stores in advance is what's not available?

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Just picked up a copy at the local Best Buy here in NYC. They had around 25 copies in the sci-fi section.

GlennWD

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Glenn DelRossi
Picked up my copy right when the store opened, they had about half a dozen copies in the Sci-Fi section.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
in Raleigh, NC
they had over a dozen copies of Vol. 2 on the shelves. But nothing of the new Midnite Movies.

FranklinC

Stunt Coordinator
Picked up mine in Orlando, FL. They had about twenty of them sitting on a cart, along with other new releases. This was after the store had been open for over an hour. I guess someone was waiting to see if these DVDs would put themselves on the shelf. I didn't even bother to ask, I just took one off the cart and took it to the register.

It's astounding that there was nothing in the ad for this this week. What's the point of having an exclusive?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks