What's new

And now something you'll really like! (Rocky & Bullwinkle) (1 Viewer)

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
Hoo Boy!

I'm hoping we get the serials properly segmented. Some original RCA Selectavision discs actually serialized the shows and put the other bits (Fractured Fairy Tales, Mr. Know-It-All, Bullwinkle's Corner, Aesop & Son, Peabody's Improbable History) in between each episode (I was able to tape the Wossamatta U edition). The Disney /Buena Vista LDs and VHS tapes were true hatchet jobs...

I wonder what versions of the themes/titles we'll see - Rocky & His Friends/The Bullwinkle Show/Adventures Of Rocky and Bullwinkle?

I take a 7-1/2!

Jeffrey Gray

Second Unit
I think the opening sequence will probably be the "Bullwinkle Show" opening, which is attached to the current syndication package, and which is the most familiar to viewers.

JohnDMoore

Stunt Coordinator
This will be mine!
I haven't watched Rocky & Bullwinkle in years (comes on at 4 in the morning here), but it is beautiful comedy.
How many episodes is this exactly? At any rate, $39.98 is a sweet SRP.

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
This is excellent news. I like Rocky & Bullwinkle & I will pick up the first season DVD when it is released on August 12th.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Hey thanks, Mark—I had missed this the first time around.

And all along, I was using the ‘way back machine’ to re-watch these episodes. :D

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
For those too lazy to click the Amazon link, it is there revealed that Jet Fuel Formula and Box Top Robbery are the two serials included in the first season.

Blu

Screenwriter
If it contains the Jet Fuel and Box Top storylines then is it the complete first season?

Eric Emma

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Eric H. Emma
will this set include the forest ranger guy and that smart dog with the kid? Sorry I haven't seen this show since I Was like 5 or 6:frowning:

Josh Sieg

Second Unit
Awesome! I remember waking up early as a kid to watch this show! Now I can watch them whenever I want! CAN'T WAIT!

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
will this set include the forest ranger guy and that smart dog with the kid? Sorry I haven't seen this show since I Was like 5 or 6
"The smart dog with the kid" is Mr. Peabody and his boy Sherman -- these should be included in the set, since the episodes were included in the VHS series. As for "the forest ranger guy", do you mean Dudley Do-Right? He was a Canadian Mountie, and there should also be some Do-Right skits in this set.

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
Scott,

I see that there are five Dudley Do-Right segments on the box set, but they were not aired during the first season of "Rocky and His Friends." Aesop and Son didn't appear during the first season, either.

According to the definitive book on the series, "The Moose That Roared" by Keith Scott, Aesop and Son first appeared in the fall of 1960 and Dudley Do-Right first appeared when the show moved to NBC in the fall of 1961 and was re-named "The Bullwinkle Show."

This means that the box set is not the complete first season as it was aired on ABC during the 1959-1960 series. The Rocky & Bullwinkle segments are in the exact order in which they were originally aired, but some of the other segments have been changed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks