Anchorman 2 Officially Announced

Discussion in 'Movies' started by joshEH, Mar 29, 2012.

1. joshEH

joshEH Producer

Josh
    http://www.hitfix.com/articles/anchorman-2-moving-forward-with-will-ferrell-original-director-adam-mckay
    [​IMG]
    At this very moment, the Internet is probably 10% comprised of Anchorman quotes and .GIFs. I'm talking about the online equivalent of rejoicing in the streets.
    I'm actually a bit scared. Anchorman is an untouchable comedy for me. An actual bona fide classic. The stakes are really high. Of course, the original will remain so, regardless of the sequel's quality, but a failure will sting a lot.
    Yet, I think this has a great chance of succeeding and being great, despite the sketchy history of comedy sequels. Anchorman wasn't successful because of its story, it was successful because it let a whole bunch of great comedic actors do whatever they wanted in a big absurdist sandbox.
    As long as Ferrell, Rudd, Koechner, and Carrell are together again, I don't think it can fail. And it's a safe bet at this point that John C. Reilly will finally be entering the Burgundy-verse, as well.
    I've missed Ron. I miss being near him, I miss his laugh, I miss his musk -- if they weren't making this sequel, I'd want us to get an apartment together.

2. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

I would have been a lot more psyched about this five years ago. This reeks of a comeback attempt for Will Ferrell by exploiting one of his most popular characters. I hope I'm wrong, because I had a lot of fun with the first one.

3. loclewin

loclewin Auditioning

Seriously I dont like this Ferell guy, I think he acts bad.

4. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    Hey that's awesome, and welcome to HTF.

5. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    I just hope it's funny. I hated it the first times saw it but it grew on me after.
    Btw on the commentary track McCay started to discuss who he based Burgundy on. He was talking about watching local news in Philly when he was younger butas he was about say who it was things got crazy in the recording studio and he never got back to it.
    Maybe this guy.
    [​IMG]

6. Zack Gibbs

Zack Gibbs Screenwriter

I'm not sure how anyone could think Will Ferrell needs a "comeback" at this point in his career, but if it helps I think the studio has been holding this one up for a while for financial reasons. The talent tried to do it a few years ago and that was the word on why it didn't happen.

7. Brent M

Brent M Producer

I absolutely LOVE Anchorman. One of my favorite comedies not just of the last few years, but of all time. With Apatow producing, McKay directing and Ferrell, Carell, Rudd and company back I don't know how this can miss. Then again, there's always a way to screw up something good and I just hope that doesn't happen with this film because I'm looking forward to it almost as much as The Avengers and Dark Knight Rises......well, maybe not that much, but it's in my top 5. :D

8. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

I hated Anchorman when I first saw it and still haven't seen it again. That being said, I'll watch it again before the sequel comes out since I love almost all the work of basically everyone in front of and behind the camera on the movie except for Will Ferrell (who is VERY hit and miss with me).

9. joshEH

joshEH Producer

Josh
    Any sequel must involve Al Capone's vault and Jon Hamm as Geraldo Rivera.
    And Christopher Plummer as Mike Wallace.
    With Nick Offerman as Dan Rather.
    If the world ends before this makes it to the screen, I'm going to be angry with God. Or The Architect. Or...well, whoever the fuck is in charge around here. That person, whoever they may be, is gonna get it.
    Although, I suppose the entire cast will be in Heaven with me, so they could probably act it out live. Anyway, you get the point. I need this movie.

10. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

^ You should really worry about getting hit by a bus or something.

11. megancheung

megancheung Extra

I paused it when you started shushing me. and I proceeded to leave the video. Thank you´╗┐ for giving me a heads up on your faggotyness

12. joshEH

joshEH Producer

Josh
    From Entertainment Weekly:
    [​IMG]
    [VIDEO]http-~~-//youtu.be/uksrAqwgbPU[/VIDEO]
    ...Aw, yeah.
    That teaser is kind of a big deal.

13. spshultz

spshultz Second Unit

John Ratzen
    Ha! That trailer was awesome.

14. joshEH

joshEH Producer

Josh
    Two honking new trailers (including a glimpse at Harrison Ford's character):

That was.....pretty damn good. I am worried about Brick-overkill, though. I think he had the perfect amount of moments in the first one.

I LOL'd. More than once. Good sign.

15. Jason Charlton

Jason Charlton Ambassador

Jason Charlton
    Only a real man keeps bowling balls, scorpions and a deep fryer in his Winnebago.

16. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Following up on my post near the top of the thread, I rewatched Anchorman a few weeks ago and I loved it this time around. I'm sure people were just dying to know my thoughts on that movie.

17. spshultz

spshultz Second Unit

John Ratzen
    Ok, I LOL'd many times. I can't wait for this movie.

18. joshEH

joshEH Producer

Josh
    Hopefully there are more Trident-deaths in the sequel, and more PANDA WATCH!!!!!

"Well, you know the old expression...NOPE."

I kinda like the Connie Chung/Maury Povich parody-thing. That's actually a pretty good idea to go with for the sequel allowing the old news team to do newsertainment.

(How freaking young does Harrison Ford look with his hair dyed?? Looks like he just stepped off the Last Crusade set. LOL. :lol: )

Brick in a cone of shame was absolutely inspired.

19. laborspy

laborspy Auditioning

Jason
    I about rolled my eyes on this movie until I watched the trailers. This actually could be half good.