What's new

Analogue Productions or XRCD? (1 Viewer)

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
I plan to buy some older jazz CDs and, in looking some of them up online, I noticed that several of them have been released by Chad Kassem's Analogue Productions as well as JVC's XRCD. Does anyone have any input on which version sounds better? Here are the ones I'm talking about:

http://store.acousticsounds.com/fantasy.cfm

When you click on each title, you will see that they are offered in various releases.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
Well, I don't have one right now, but buying the AP SACD's would have that future benefit for when I do get one. How are the CD layers on them?

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Ron, I have the majority of those Fantasy SACD titles on your link. I hven't listened to the CD layer on most but Analogue Productions is a great label, how bad could they be? I do recall playing Sonny Rollins' SAXOPHONE COLOSSUS on my mom's CD player and being favourably impressed. Best wishes!:)

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
I have never heard a bad CD layer on a hybrid SACD, especially from AP.

In fact, my only complaint about AP is that the discs are pricey, and due to my current financial troubles, haven't been able to buy one in months.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks