What's new

An open plea to MGM to STOP releasing FULL FRAME ONLY discs of WIDESCREEN titles. All members help! (1 Viewer)

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
EdwardKarlinski,

Those disc were purchased about 2-3 years ago when I didn't care if a movie was released OAR. I have been a Widescreen supporter for several years but at one time I would buy any disc regardless of wether if was OAR or MAR. But that changed in July 2002, when I purchased my favorite movie which is Pumpkinhead, after that I no longer purchase an MAR titles from major studios. Those Mar'ed titles that I own which is only a few titles which be tossed out when the studios release a Widescreen version.

EdwardKarlinski

Stunt Coordinator
Eugene, if you really hold such strong principles, then throw out the SAR DVD's now. Why wait until widescreen releases? I thought you hated fullscreen as a matter of principle. By your logic, you should buy all movies which you want in full screen and wait until the widescreen versions become available. That is what you are doing with Cujo, Pumpkinhead, and Help. So, why not do it with others?

Eric_R_C

Second Unit
Get a grip man, they've already been purchased. He's changed his ways since then, but to scream fault at him for holding on to them is ridiculous.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
sorry if already mentioned but has anyone noticed the release bare edition of west side story "has been modified to fit your screen"?

Tim_Prasuhn

Stunt Coordinator
I'd buy TWO copies of Miracle Mile on DVD if it were re-issued in its OAR. Hows that for rewarding good behavior?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks