An idea for (yet more) Star Trek DVD's

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Daniel Calleja, Jul 1, 2004.

1. Daniel Calleja

I was just watching Best of Both Worlds, and the inconvenience of having to open two different box sets (and change discs) got me thinking: Wouldn't it be good to have all of the Star Trek 2-part episodes re-edited to feature length and presented in a shiny new box set??

It's nothing new of course, the Brits have had the TNG "films" on VHS for quite some time, complete with spiffy new artwork.

Once DVD releases for Voyager, TOS and TAS have finished up, I'd love for Paramount to put together a single box set for each series - The TNG Movies, The DS9 Movies (a decidedly dicey affair), The Voyager Movies, etc.

Any support out there for something like this?

2. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    I wouldn't buy anything beyond what I've got, but I bet you'll get something similar in the future. They're coming out with that Picard two-disc set, so I bet we'll see the Borg set they put out on VHS. It had almost all or all of the TNG Borg episodes in one place. I don't know if they'd edit Best of Both Worlds into one movie, but they would be on the same disc.

3. Jason_V

Jason_V Producer

Jason
    If you want "The Movies", you put the following in a collection:

The Cage
    Encounter at Farpoint
    All Good Things...
    Emissary
    Way of the Warrior
    What You Leave Behind
    Caretaker
    Dark Frontier
    Endgame
    Broken Bow

VOY's other "2 hour movies" (Year of Hell, Killing Game, the one from season 7) are actually two episodes spliced together.

Don't touch my beloved two part episodes by merging them into one show!!

4. Daniel Calleja

Well having watched a few of those re-edited episodes I can honestly say I enjoyed them more. Particularly "All Good Things" which included two or three deleted scenes.

5. Roger_R

Roger_R Second Unit

Re-edited? All Good Things was shown as one 2-hour episode the first time. It was later re-edited into two episodes for syndication.