What's new

Amplification for SACD (1 Viewer)

Steve_Corrick

Stunt Coordinator
I wonder if I would be better served by a decent intergrated amp or a similarly priced receiver. Any recommendations for a reciever or 2CH integrated amp for use with both 2CH SACD player, standard CD's, MP3's? I am currently looking at the Jolida 1501RC, or perhaps a used ? Anthem Integrated Amp 2 if I can find one. I am not sure if one of these integrated amps will make the best match. I am using a pair of Polk Lsi9's, No sub, 12' x 12' office, Nothing special about the other components, SONY DVP-NS755v SACD-DVD-CD-MP3, Stereo VCR for play back of DSS audio recordings. Music will be 60's to 90's Rock, Blues, Acoustic, some JAZZ. I would like to stay in the $600 - $700 price range. Thanks for your input.

Rob Rodier

Supporting Actor
Might want to check out the acurus dia-100mkii or dia-150mkii. $4-600, if you can find them.

-rob

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Steve, definitely consider the NAD C 370 stereo integrated amp, as it is an excellent amp for the money. The C 370 has gotten many positive reviews in US and UK hi-fi magazines over the past couple of years. I have had one for a just under two years, and I love it.
While the C 370 retails for $699, you should be able to get one for much less through Sound City (1-800-370-3156). They are an authorized NAD dealer. For more on the C 370, go here:
http://www.nadelectronics.com/IntegratedAmp/C370.html
[c] [/c]

Manuel Delaflor

Supporting Actor
Based on the music you like I say you need to stay with a tube amplifier, or at least with a tube preamplifier and a ss amp. Using just a solid state will make you cry. ;)
The difficult part is the price, but if you check classifieds you can find something of value. Ask mobile from Klipsch forum.
Your speakers seem ok. But if the specs of SACD (in the sense that it is important to have a supertweeter to explode as up as is possible) then perhaps they will fall short. Im speculating here.
But back to the amp, you will be better with one that have a flat response to well above the 20Khz.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Manuel, I listen to the same music as Steve, and I haven't cried yet, at least not in a bad way. The music sounds so good that I sometimes shed a tear. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks