Amp info required for Sonosub

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Stacey_V, Jun 15, 2001.

1. Stacey_V

Stacey_V Stunt Coordinator

Mar 2, 2000
    My Kenwood integrated amp decided to pack it in last night, so now I am looking for a new power amp for my Sonosub. I have access to a line from InterM. They look good on paper, but I am a bit concerned about a couple of things:
    1 - This amp offers both blanced XLR and phone jacks. How do I connect my receiver to these connectors?
    2 - I remember reading way back, that some of the "pro" series amps didn't receive enough "signal" at the input points. The 2 amps I'm looking at, have an input sensitivity of .775V (0dBm). Will my Yamaha receiver provide enough for these amps to drive my Sonosub?
    Thanks guys...
  2. Seungsoo Hwang

Seungsoo Hwang Stunt Coordinator

Aug 6, 1999
    1) a RCA to a 1/4" jack should work fine.
    2) my old pro-logic receiver had this problem. I tried using a signal-boosting device(god i forgot the name) but it didnt work for me, and the place I bought it from decided never to speak to me again about returns and such, I also forget the name of the place as I would like to tell you to avoid doing business with them...damn memory. once I moved up to a DD/DTS receiver(kenwood vr410) it worked fine. I dont think you should have a problem.