What's new

Amp and Subs...HELP... (1 Viewer)

Hey Guys,

In the future I plan on buying 2 Cerwin Vega V-MAX, 12" subwoofers. I also want to buy one of the new Cerwin Vega amplifiers, specifically the EXL series. The question is, what one will be perfect for these V-MAX 12's?

Here is a link to Cerwin Vega's website, their are 4 amplifiers, can you guys pick the one you think is best for pushing these 2 subwoofers. By the way, I'm going with SINGLE VOICE COIL...

http://cerwinvega.com/products/mobileaudio/index.html

Thanks

StephenHa

Second Unit
the 200 watt one would work fine, but if you want extra punch more is better, all you need is a 2 channel for the subs.

Hey Stephen,

I was wondering how the EXL 200.2 would work out, seeing that it's only 100 watts x 2? The V-MAX subwoofers that I am looking at are two 12's, they are rated at 300 watts RMS, 800 watts PEAK. You say it will work, but will I get the full effect of the subwoofer, am I under powering it?

Thanks

StephenHa

Second Unit
not really under powering it all depends on the box, and music (a smaller box will need less power, and can also lower the speakers wattage capacity)

David.G

Stunt Coordinator
um i'm confused....here, smaller box for the sub means more power for sealed. If its ported than you can go less power i guess, i hate ported boxes. The 200.2 would not work for you, IMO. Your sub is rated at 300RMS. Even running the gain up all he'll only get 100RMS. Not knowing the effiency of the sub, he still may run into underpowering problems. I'd suggest getting the XL-600D, which is meant for sub use. Wire the subs in parallel and set the crossover point for 80hz-100hz. In 2ohms i'd think it'll do 400-500, since its rated at 600@1ohm. It may very well make 600RMS @2ohm but its still stable at a 1ohm load, something to ask Cerwin. But get a mono block rather than the 2ch. D class is more effecient which helps out on subs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks