What's new

Amp advice (1 Viewer)

rondwy

Auditioning
Real Name
Ron Dwy
Just set up a denon 3313ic AVR with a 5.1 surround sound. I also have a set of outside speakers running off the zone 2 secondary amp. I would like to add a four channel amp off the zone 3 pre out to power a set of 20-100w, 8 ohm polk in wall speakers in two other rooms in my home. Any recommendations for a suitable amp? Nothing fancy, I will be using the denon for input source and volume control. Thanks for any input.

Glen B2

Agent
Real Name
Glen
A pair of Audiosource AMP100s should do the trick. They can be found brand new for $99.00 each. These are well built, sound great and run cool. They also have switchable auto on/auto off, so they can be set to turn on automatically when they receive an audio signal, and turn off after a period of no signal . In the past I've used pairs of AMP 100s run in bridged mode, supplying 150W each to bi-amp the speakers in my party system. Audiosource AMP100 at Parts Express

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
How much do you want to spend? Your 3313 has 12v triggers...and instead of relying on "auto-on"(which typically sucks)...you can get two external stereo amps and run the 12v triggers...or the RS232...to turn those amps on and off. An example...RS232 http://www.amazon.com/Russound-Multizone-Controller-Amplifier-System/dp/B001F6CDYY/ref=sr_1_13?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1360638367&sr=1-13&keywords=amplifier+rs232 And 12v trigger http://www.amazon.com/Russound-X125-2-Channel-Source-Amplifier/dp/B003OAQ49Y/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1360638493&sr=1-3-fkmr1&keywords=russound+ca2

rondwy

Auditioning
Real Name
Ron Dwy
Thanks guys, probably looking for something in between what you both have suggested. The intent is to use the 5.1 and the four inside zones to play music during parties and then adding the zone 2 deck speakers to the mix during nice weather when the party is extended to deck. I would like something that works reliably, but don't want a lot of bells and whistles, just want to set it up once, tuck it into a shelf in the entertainment center and not have to deal with it again, using the denon unit to run everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks