What's new

America's Next Top Model Season 5 (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Well, I'll have to admit her frustration in the camera room while all the others were screaming was pretty funny/understandable. But everything else? Very unappealing.

Joe:C

Second Unit
My early pick to win(Nic)is still in the contest, but the odds of her winning aren't looking too good.

I agree with others about Jayla. She comes across as a real bitch.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
11/9/05

Okay, so Nicole isn't doing so well but that goofy quality of hers is just really appealing. But I guess this isn't "Average Guo" :)

I was pretty shocked when Tyra said both Jayla and Nicole had to pack, since a double elimination isn't unprecedented. In hindsight it all seemed rather cruel, but if it helps step up the game of the low achievers I guess it's okay. At least they'll get to go to London.

Chuck Schick

Stunt Coordinator
I really like Nic. Great looking and nice personality.

Lisa is really disgusting. Too bad she's so talented as well.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Shandi and her boyfriend, Kahlen and Naima will be on Tyra's talk show tomorrow, discussing some weighty stuff.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
The couple times I've watched Tyra's talk show it seems like they try to stuff in too much and the final show comes out obviously and heavily edited. I was surprised she brought back about 12 of the past contestants! I felt bad for the ones who just got about a minute to talk about things, though I'm sure the studio audience got a lot more info.

So sad about Kahlen's sexual assault from three "best friends." Part of me was hoping she would say the friend who died when she was competing was one of them.

The segment with Shandi and her boyfriend was sad too. He seemed like a really nice guy. They said they are spending time together still, but both were very quick to say there's no chance of a romantic relationship because the trust has been destroyed.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
11/16/05

Lisa gets the boot. I was actually surprised - she's certainly a little bent but she takes a good photo, more consistent than Jayla.

Not much to say about the house politics.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Me and the wife were surprised on who got the boot last night... The other one should of got it,,,, But what can you do..... I have to agree with what others have said.. Not really into the girls this season.......

Although I did like the photo shoot last night!!

R~

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think Lisa's zaniness and old-looking-ness finally caught up to her. She's probably 4-5 years too old looking for this particular competition.

I don't "get" Bree, she does nothing for me. There's no complete package this time around...again.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
11/23/05

Kim gets the boot. On the issue of skills/performance I think the choice was appropriate, but if it was all about being professional and mature, Bre should have been sent packing. She has often seemed self-righteous to me - the sage words she's offered have felt put on most of the time - and we see that she is ultimately a hypocrite.

I feel bad for Nicole being on her own now.

At this point, I think Nik will win. Bre may get second, but she doesn't seem to handle stress and pressure well and it may be her undoing. I still have a soft spot for Nicole, but she needs to grow up a little more I think, or maybe learn some self-control and concentration, even though I find all of her reactions and outbursts endearing. Jayla isn't even on my radar.

Kong Chang

Screenwriter
I hate Bre now....she is just as much as of a person who judges and pre-judges people and takes things out of proportion. I hope she doesn't win at all. I'm already mad at ANTM for letting her stay. Sheesh.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
If you check out the streaming video clips on UPN there is an extended scene of Nicole trying to reason with Bre following the photo shoot. It actually makes Bre look WORSE!

The cuts used in the show tend to make Nicole seem kind of immature, but based on the website clips she seems to be quite level-headed (though still horribly afraid of pigeons).

Fans of some of the contestants from last season can see them confess and confront personal issues on today's Tyra Show. Based on promos Naima will be dealing with her twin sister and Kahlen with her high school rape.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
11/30/05

Jayla gets the boot.

Bre and Nicole make up.

Nik seems to be a lock, though you never know what might happen. Nik has all the physical qualities and skills but there's an edge missing and needed. I don't think Nicole has edginess either, but comparing the two I think Nicole tends to let her personality come through more.

Bre who?

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
12/7/05

Wow, a pleasantly surprising upset. I was not expecting Nicole to win, though she was certainly my personal favorite and I wanted her to get it. I wasn't sure if she SHOULD get it until this final episode, but I really think she amped up her game in the final runway show, changing her image and energy. Nik was pretty much the same as we've seen her. I also thought Nicole's Cover Girl photo was superior (and she did a great Cover Girl photo previously) capturing more of that hair tossing, over-the-shoulder signature look of the company. Of course she botched the commercial, but I guess that didn't factor in so strongly. She also has a bit of a North DaKOWta accent that may need some dialect coaching.

I think in all previous seasons my personal favorite never won, so I am very interested in seeing where Nicole goes with this. Hopefully not on The Surreal Life.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
That's a BAD Cover Girl ad for Nicole. Her teeth aren't closed.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I think it's fine. It's part laugh, part smile, which has a certain natural energy about it. At least compared to Nik and Bre's it's much more relaxed. She was also pushing her tongue up against her teeth, which is cute but not appropriate for an ad ;).

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
As long as Nicole doesn't have to be a "spokesmodel" she'll do alright. She's a disaster when she's asked to spout lines about a product. I had picked Nik from week 3 I think, but her walk was pretty terrible (had the stupid head bobbing and weaving), but she never did anything to change it.

Couldn't stand Bre at all. Nicole's got that "crooked mouth when she talks" thing going on, it's a bit distracting when she's trying to promote something.

Joe:C

Second Unit
Yeah, I was definitely surprised. I picked Nik early on, and I was certain she was going to win last night.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Although one can't say the winners or contestants have made waves in the modeling world, quite a few of them are in the modeling industry as a result of the show, something that probably wouldn't have happened for them. If Nik chooses to pursue it she will definitely find work. And as with American Idol, it may be better for some of the contestants NOT to have won.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
12/14/05

Tyra reunited the contestants on the set of her daytime talkshow. It was mildly interesting, but of course mostly a rehash of stuff from the season. I was mostly disappointed that Nicole didn't get too much talk time and seemed a little withdrawn or possibly overwhelmed by it all.

Kim looked really good with the chocolate brown hair.

Based on promos Top Model will be back in the Spring with a new run. I guess now that Tyra's retired she can devote more time to it. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks