What's new

American Psycho - Lions Gate edition (1 Viewer)

Jack_F

Stunt Coordinator
Amazon lists a new edition of American Psycho being released on May 20th. This is being released by Lions Gate rather than Universal. Does anyone know if it will be an unrated version or the R-rated version?

- Jack

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Well, they released the uncut version of Monster's Ball under their new label so hopefully they'll release AP uncut. I'd like some new features too. Like the deleted scenes on the R2 version and a commentary would be great. The interviews on the current release aren't that extensive.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Lions Gate is just re-releasing American Psycho. So basically it's the Universal DVD with their logo on it. I'm sure it'll be the unrated cut.

The Signature Series edition of it should be seen later this year or early next year.

P and SO

Agent
Real Name
Truls
You're not serious are you? A barebones edition in two weeks, then a Signature Series later this year?? This re-release business has gone way to far.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Truls,
It's not really a re-release, per se. It's just more of a re-packaging. It's more comparable to Universal putting The Frighteners out in a new case.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
When Lions Gate announced the first four Signature Series DVD, additional titles they mentioned that would get Signature Series releases would include: Lolita, Cube, Affliction, American Psycho, Gods and Monsters, and Shadow of the Vampire (according to Davis DVD back in Feburary).

Lolita and Cube already got their Signature Series releases, so it should be soon when the other four titles get their Signature Series releases. In honesty, Lions Gate could just repackage Gods and Monsters as a Signature Series, but the other ones would need extras.

JavierS

Stunt Coordinator
When Lions Gate announced the first four Signature Series DVD, additional titles they mentioned that would get Signature Series releases would include: Lolita, Cube, Affliction, American Psycho, Gods and Monsters, and Shadow of the Vampire (according to Davis DVD back in Feburary).
How about Eve's Bayou?? That came out as well.

Kachi Khatri

Second Unit
Real Name
Jay
Great news! Was waiting for a re-release.

The only qualm is that the movie was not truly faithful to the novel. Probably would have been banned.

Craig: Mclaren

Second Unit
One of the best movies of this decade so far. I'd like to see a Making of Doc on this. A look at the music featured in the film would be interesting too. :D :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Oh and music videos for-
Phil Collins - Sussido ("A personal favourite" :) )
Huey Lewis and the News - Hip to be Square ("A song so catchy...")

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
What news you speak of? As far as I know there currently is no "special edition" planned of American Psycho, though I'd like one, with deleted scenes from the R2 version.

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
I think Happiness came out as this as well. No extras, horrible transfer, just plain bad business in my opinion.

Niko Nykanen

Stunt Coordinator
God! I sold my American Psycho Unrated almost 2 years ago because of this and i´m still waiting...
:frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks