What's new

American Made Speakers (1 Viewer)

JohnSmith

Supporting Actor
Where are the resistors, transistors, power supplies and wires sourced from? What about the screws?

;-)

Lee-c

Supporting Actor
VMPS speakers are 95% made in the U.S. according to the designer/owner/builder Brian Cheney.
A few parts are imported because that's the only place to get them, but the rest is U.S.
The only exception I know of is the RM30 speaker, which has the cabinet made overseas.
Our VMPS RM2 speakers were made right here in the U.S., cabinet included. :) And the sound quality
is simply world-class, and for a price that makes the cost of most other "high-end" speakers
laughable by comparison. VMPS is the SVS of main speakers, IMO, superb quality and performance
for a fantastic price. This applies to their ribbon stand mounted monitors all the way up to their
large ribbon floorstanding models. All of which share the same basic sonic character and quality.

Check the official web site as well as the forum below for more details.

http://www.vmpsaudio.com/

http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/v...ddb50aa0fd01e7

Fred_Krampits

Stunt Coordinator
There is Ohm Acoustics, an American made speaker company that while not that well known makes some impressive products!

ohmacoustics.com

StephenHa

Second Unit
talking to some speaker reps (one of them a manufacturer) the parts are not entirely available from the US (pole pieces are no longer made in the US as well as some other small parts) but truthfully unless your concerned about helping the US worker it doesn't make a better quality speaker

Eddie Horton

Stunt Coordinator
I have Ascend Acoustics speakers and they have a plaque on the rear of the speaker which says, "Designed, engineered, and manufactured in the U.S.A." As for where the components originate, I couldn't say.

Bolivar G

Second Unit
I just bought Klipsch Reference line speakers so I have the boxes still siting in front of me. The only thing I could find on the boxes was, Manufactured in Hope, AR. Coporate office in indianapolis, IN.
Looked on the speakers themselves, couldnt find anything and also found nothing in the manuel.
You sure they are made in Mexico??

Chris Quinn

Screenwriter
This is nearly a year old thread. At least three of these companies now get their cabinets from overseas.

Eric:F

Stunt Coordinator
Salk Sound.
Jim Salk makes his speakers.
superb bang for the cutom built buck.
best,
eric

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks