What's new

American Idol (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I don't feel a bit sorry for Tamyra. She had the necessary exposure to get "discovered" and she's gonna be big even though she was eliminated. Plus, she had another showcase last night with her duet with Justin.

She and Kelly were my top 2 picks, though Kelly became my firm favorite over the last few weeks. But they're both probably going to be quite successful.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
I'm happy nobody saw me sobbing when Kelly was singing after she won ... it was sad:)
Go Kelly!
Brent

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
From the sound of it, I didn't miss much in the first 100 minutes of the 2 hour show.
I'd say the first 50 minutes weren't worth watching if you watched the show from the beginning. I enjoyed the renditions from the 10 singers that were in the latter half of the show.

I think the people behind the show knew Kelly was going to win because that "A Moment Like This" song made for a fitting ending.

~T

gregstaten

Supporting Actor
Speaking of Tamyra. According to the Washington Post, she's already been signed by the show's designated management firm. (They contractually has a 60 day right of refusal for all finalists.)

-greg

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
They each learned both songs from the upcoming single.

I think what Thi meant was that they alternated them in such a way that ensured Kelly sang "A Moment Like This" to close the show. I believe Justin had already performed it earlier in the evening.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Anyone catch the American Idol Special (performing in Las Vegas) last night?

It was bizarre seeing so many other "singers/dancers" on stage (did all of them really audition for AI, or were they just filler in the cast?)

The filler songs (filmed earlier than the show) were a bit cheesy.

I watched up to the point where Kelly got to do the duet with Reba McEntire near the end of the show. I thought that was a good duet (and Kelly's "How cool is that?" was a nice reaction to the experience/performance).

SteveA

Supporting Actor
The reason there were so many other singers on stage is because they brought back the top 30 finalists for the show.

I agree: Kelly's duet with Reba was fantastic!

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
Kelly was on Leno last night also. She seems to be rather normal and very cute.

I briefly turned to Fox last night and it was so stupid I turned it off. Fear Factor was more entertaining (although not much more).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks