What's new

American Idol - Season 8 (1 Viewer)

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
As an unabashed Adam fan, this is exactly why I linked to the article. Others may see more concrete information along these lines (that I'd normally miss) and share it here as well. If it's true, I'd be very disappointed as I refuse to support people that fit the description outlined in that (gossip) article. For now, I'm keeping the image in my mind I've had so far, but I'm not completely closed off to the possibility that the image is just an image.

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
I am looking forward to reading--and collecting--THIS ISSUE!!!!!

Ought to be a rather interesting read--especially after what I learned via Today. ;)

I wonder how many other non-winning Idol finalists have made the cover of Rolling Stone magazine???????
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina

That Adam has officially disclosed that he is gay.

The San Francisco Chronicle ran a feature article today regarding the forthcoming Rolling Stone cover story feautring other interesting self-disclosures regarding Adam and why he elected not to disclose his sexuality during the Idol run.

I am still looking forward to picking up this issue of RS as soon as it hits the newsstands.

I hope I can still get one while they last. ;)

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
For phone calling, you call and you either get a busy signal or something that lets you know your vote was received. Computer modems will return different result codes based on whether you get a busy signal or a voice answer. Either way, it can then hang up, and immediately dial again. You can even program how fast the modem dials the digits (dial too fast and the phone company's computer won't recognize the digits, and won't complete the call). Or folks can just keep using redial. So I see how folks can power dial using the phone.

I'm less clear how people do it using cell phones. The article suggests people just buy a lot of phones and start calling. For text messages, I suppose you can just pull up the message and hit "resend". Neither of these strikes me as ways to get thousands of votes out. My niece has a way of sending text messages to any carrier using her computer. I wonder if folks are using something like that to power vote.

Whatever the case, if I were inclined to vote (I'm not), I'd certainly be a bit disappointed to know that my fingers are up against voting blocks that can get out 10,000+ votes over 4 hours. Maybe AI doesn't care as long as they can announce increasingly higher numbers of votes.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member

And that, in a nutshell, describes AI's position exactly about phone voting. It's all about the perception of huge numbers translating into the mistaken notion that a huge number of people are watching the show. Yes, the show is popular but this is definitely not a one vote = one viewer scenario.

To me the all mighty bottom line via ad revenue rules here.

;)

warp10

Auditioning
Real Name
YatesK
Patrick Sun said:
Casey Carlson - cute girl in a bikini (not Katrina Darrell, the original AI Bikini Girl): God bless the internet.
Hard to believe but the kneeling asian bikini babe below was my engineering professor who also worked as a bikini model. Look at the similarity of their pose.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks