What's new

American Idol - Season 6 (1 Viewer)

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
They've done the Golden Idols in prior years.

Yeah, I love that song. I thought the sound was f'd up on it though. I could barely hear the band.

Mmmmmmmm Haley
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Weirdly enough, Kelly's been singing like that for all these years post-AI, and she still has the rasp in the voice, but hasn't quite blown out her voice ... yet.

Kelly's new album is supposedly more pissed off sounding and harder/edgier, and Clive Davis pleaded with her not to release it. :D

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan

I know they had them last year, but my memory is not good enough to remember if they had them prior. I *think* they had something similar before that.

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
This is the 2nd consecutive year for the Golden Idols.

I'm shocked that...Idol was able to perform more explicitly from the Beatles catalogue - Hicks got "Something" because it was a Harrison song, but for the producers to get Lennon-McCartney compositions with the Sgt Pepper medley is short of amazing. Neil Aspinall has definitely left the building...

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I hope you guys rememberd to set your DVR's for an extra 9 minutes, I didn't and I was lucky enough that I was awake and turned the last 15 minutes on.

I'll check out the rest of the show tomorrow.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
Maybe the Beatles songs were Idol's consolation for Sir Paul not appearing this season. I thought I read somewhere that he would. Congrats to Jordin. You can tell she really wanted this.

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
Congrats to Jordin...

Am I alone in thinking the Beatles medley thing was atrocious? I admit I'm very biased and I generally cringe when I hear other people covering the Beatles, but I thought vocally, it was awful.

I enjoyed seeing Doug E Fresh. I liked rap back in the 80's and thought it was cool to see him.

Corbin Stirn

Second Unit
I'm happy to see Jordin won. Congratulations!! I also REALLY liked the Clarkson single. Kelly looked
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif
. If anyone here likes Kelly, there's a great interview w/her in the latest edition of Entertainment Weekly. It's about 2 and a half pages and it's VERY cool. Clive sat on her album for 4!! months..............since she's writing "big girl/woman" songs now, the powers that be thought her audience wouldn't buy her latest. It's pretty eye-opening to see what she says about it. After reading her interview, I'll buy my copy and put it right next to Breakaway. Highly recommend the interview people.:) Go Kelly! Go Jordin!!

gecko8568

Auditioning
Real Name
Amy
Yes, congrats to Jordin! No surprise there.

As far as the rest of the show, it was a complete waste of time, with the exception of: Blake and Doug E beat boxing, the African Children's Choir, and Carrie Underwood. I thought the Clarkson single SUCKED. That was the worst song I've heard her sing since she won AI. And Taylor, well, he's Taylor. Never liked him in the first place. And Golden Idol awards? COME ON!!!

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
How many seasons have they done this show and they still have audio problems and can't figure out how to fit a 2 hour show into a 2 hour timeslot. I missed the ending and wasn't even home. I'm sure there are a ton of people in the same boat. You'd figure by know they'd know how to produce a show correctly. Geez, POS Fox.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I guess I should edit my last post...two hours, five minutes of filler and four minutes of the results....

I CRINGED at the Sanjaya/Joe Perry number (what the HELL was JP thinking?!?!?!?!?)

LOVED Gladys/Melinda/Kiki!

Blake/Doug E. Fresh was really fun and much better than anything he did during his (failed) attempt at winning AI.

Really surprised at who DIDN'T perform: Fantasia, Clay, Katherine, Kimberley and, most shockingly, Jennifer Hudson.

When it became apparent that they were doing a Beatles medley, I crossed my fingers that Paul would appear (THAT might have topped the Prince performance last year). Guess not....

Congrats, Jordin, but I'll pass on buying the first single.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks