American Idol - Season 6

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Patrick Sun, Jan 15, 2007.

1. ChristopherG

ChristopherG Screenwriter

Chris
    Even so I'll still be waiting for Ryan to introduce her this week..."And now Antonella Barba will be blowing us away with her version of...."

[​IMG]

2. Alex-C

Alex-C Screenwriter

I think one of the guys should sing Only the Good Die Young by Billy Joel, for Antonella.

3. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I'm not convinced yet that Blake or Chris R. can sing a long note, and I can't really stand the types of songs they sing, all white-hoppity stuff with little melody to the songs. That whole scratchy motion is so stupid looking to watch them do over and over again. Plus the whole boy band bounce they do just isn't my cup of tea.

AJ is just an after-thought, doubt he'll make the top 6 for the guys.

Nick is singing 50 years too late, pretty boring stuff so far from him, too one-note sounding as well.

Brandon slurs his words while he sings, makes it sound too mushy and unappealing.

Sanjaya could get a undeserved spot in the top 6 simply from the demographics he engenders, sadly enough. He needs to get the boot this week.

Chris S. can sing, but he reminds me of Rocky from "Mask", but with glasses. I'm not all that enamored with the tenor of his vocals, though.

Phil lacks charisma and his voice is okay, not great because it's got a lower edge to it that doesn't quite attract enough attention to the lyrics he sings. That John Waite song he sang needs a higher pitch to it, and Phil lacks that in his singing.

Jared did sing a strange song for a dedication to a relative. What was he thinking? He over-sang the song, over-everything the song when it wasn't necessary.

Sundance wasn't as good as Randy and Paula said he was. He did more loud talking through the song, just barking out the lyrics, losing much of the melody of the hook of the song.

4. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    Cable problems, so I only saw Sanjaya, but it seems a little weird for them to bash his song choice when it was made famous by Tony Bennett, one of their upcoming celebrity coaches.

5. Alex-C

Alex-C Screenwriter

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson

[​IMG]

Sundance actually made my list this time, while I see Patrick's point about him sounding more like he's speaking loudly rather than actually singing (the reason he didn't make my list last week), he's got something that I just like and I found myself tapping my foot to him in spite of myself.

I don't care for Chris Richardson at all, while he's a decent singer, the world already has a Justin Timberlake and the last thing that I want is another one of him. It was a bit bewildering to see Jeff Foxworthy sitting there, I became fixated on him like that Seinfeld episode where Jerry became obsessed with seeing the pilot of the plane sitting in his audience lol.

7. Brandy681

Brandy681 Stunt Coordinator

I think Sanjaya maybe going home after yesterdays performance and the other guy, I can't think of his name but he played as a backup singer. I think those two are definitely going home!! Sanjaya would have probably left last week but he has some young girls voting for him and then of course Simon hinted that it might be his last week on Idol and of course that inclouraged voting. Sanjaya just did not look like he put any effort at all into his song!!! As for Antonella, I am pretty sure they would not be making up those photos because I seen them and they look like her. I think she will probably do bad this week and be eliminated, not that I want her too but I have a feeling that she just will. She is also not one of the best singers! I don't think she will be eliminated though, because of the nude photos.

8. Mikah Cerucco

Mikah Cerucco Cinematographer

[​IMG]

9. Brandy681

Brandy681 Stunt Coordinator

I think Sanjaya maybe going home after yesterdays performance and the other guy, I can't think of his name but he played as a backup singer. I think those two are definitely going home!! Sanjaya would have probably left last week but he has some young girls voting for him and then of course Simon hinted that it might be his last week on Idol and of course that incouraged voting on his behalf. Sanjaya just did not look like he put any effort at all into his song this week, espessially!!! As for Antonella, I am pretty sure they would not be making up those photos because I seen them and they look like her. I think she will probably do bad this week and be eliminated, not that I want her too but I have a feeling that she just will. She is also not one of the best singers! I don't think she will be eliminated though, because of the nude photos but I just have a feeling in my gut that she is gone.

10. RickGr

RickGr Second Unit

Sanjaya will get the pre-teen vote and I fear he will be around another month or so, like that Russian/Ukrainian kid last year and "Red" from a few seasons ago. Not much talent put the little guys love him.

11. ChristopherG

Chris
    Sandanista was just awful last night. Nice kid but can't find his groove.

12. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

I thought Sanjaya should have been bounced last week but he ended up in the top 4. This week with that (as Simon would put it) pitiful performance, I don't think he can even catch the teen crowd.

13. Dave_Brown

Dave_Brown Supporting Actor

Wow moment of the night, finding out that blonde at audtions was actually Chris S.'s wife. Maybe girls really do want a nice guy with a good sense of humor after all. The guy is a pretty good singer, has what appears to be a good personality, and a chick that even he admits to being out of his league. That alone makes him idol-worthy.

14. Chris Lockwood

Chris Lockwood Producer

> he ended up in the top 4

How do you know that?

15. Alex-C

Alex-C Screenwriter

Because Seacrest said so. He said "one of you is going home and one of you was in the top 4 vote getters"....and Sandcastle stayed, therefore, he was in the top 4 vote getters last week.

16. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

My problem with Sanjaya is that he is so timid while not performing. Almost like Michael Jackson. And its just annoying to watch and listen to.

17. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    I don't know what Simon is smoking, but if he thinks Chris R was the best performance of the night, it must be darn good stuff. I missed the first part of the show and Chris R wasn't even the best of what I did see.

18. MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto Cinematographer

Sanjaya, put a hat on a girl, its still a girl. That guy needs to stop wearing shiny shirts and they need to dress him better. I don't have a clue why he even made it this far, he's horrible.

19. ChristopherG

Chris

Malcolm,

Coming from the perpetrator of Il Divo, I am not surprised that Simon felt this way. The last thing that the world needs is another chest patting, boy band reject!

20. Elizabeth S

Elizabeth S Producer

Elizabeth S
    I think Nick Pedro and A.J. Tabaldo are going home tonight. Possibly Brandon Rogers in place of A.J.

I hate the kind of songs Blake Lewis and Chris Richardson sang. Sorry, that doesn't really highlight your singing ability.

Sundance did well, plus showing baby picture = sticking around a while.