What's new

American Idol Season 4 (1 Viewer)

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
Chris Noll (wylde) was definitely on trading spaces and in a Digorno pizza commerical. He has also been in a few other commercials as well.

Regarding last nights ep, I was sort of irked that "Miss I have a son at home and can't take all this pressure" walked out of the audition. She waisted a perfectly good spot that someone else who really wanted it could have had. It pisses me off when people go into things so nonchalantly and than give up.

As for talent on the show. I am so surprised at the people they let through. Most of them not only sucked, but sounded no different from eachother.

They guy whose dad basically told him he was worthless is going all the way! He has an awesome voice. As for the traecheotomy guy..... total publicity stunt for the show. If he wins it's just because AI is using his background to get votes. Sure he can sing, but they are playing him up way to much.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S

That was Constantine, and I'm rooting for him and the other 2 rock guys who were spliced together in the montage. This show needs a harder edge!!

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
I think we're still at the 'yes/no' stages, not the 'quota' stage. So she's not taking anything away from anyone. People weren't moving on because they weren't meeting expectations.

NolanJ

Second Unit
I think the blonde country girl that had a few problems with her song lyrics, has the best voice of all the contestants so far... and if she can acclimate to the "Hollywood Scene" and remember her lines, I think she'll be the favorite.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member

Like John said, nobody lost a spot because of her since there was no min./max. the judges had to pick.

Though I certainly agree that when it happens on Survivor or Apprentice, it really bugs me.

Dave Miller

Supporting Actor
My favorite line of tonight's show was

You forgot the words TWO NIGHTS IN A ROW! What is unfair about you getting to boot for that?

Puhleeeez!

Peace,

DM

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
The person who impresses me the most is (cant remember his name) the big guy that was shunning his group until the end. The group was the one with the biker looking guy with the teddy bear(he didnt do well tonight), the african american gentleman, and the other big white guy. I know, bad descriptions, but that one guy is really good in my opinion.

LanieParker

Supporting Actor

But somebody did lose a spot to her. There were lots of people who could have made it to that place if she had not won out in whatever city she was in. So yeah, there is somebody out there who wanted this more and isn't there, because she was.

Tonights episode was just god awful all around. Bad voices, bad attitudes... the judges fight was fun though!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Can't really stand Scott's personality when the camera is on him for sound bites, talk about a bloated sense of self-importance.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim

I thought the auditions at that stage were also "yes/no", without any real quotas? In any case, at that level, where the judges were letting around 200 go to Hollywood, I'd imagine if there had really been another worthy singer, he/she would've made it as well.

It was also rather strange that several singers got booted for not knowing lyrics, yet those three jokers at the end who completely fluffed their lines got a second chance.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
I think that the auditions are cumulative. That is each audition does not stand alone. Previous auditions are taken into account.

I think that these three had performed well previously and therefore were given a pass.

Evan M

Second Unit
I suspect they were also given more weight to their previous auditions, since they went for something challenging and took a chance. That's really what the judges are looking for at this stage, is someone who will take a chance... either that or exceptional performances from those who play it safe.

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
I was watching TVU, and they showed Underoath's video "Reinventing your exit". Acting in the video were none other than the Moffeta (sp?) twins.

Chris

RickGr

Second Unit
Quote Seacrest.."Her choice tonight was an Aretha Franklin song" and the young lady sang Natural Woman.

Hey Ryan.....its a Carole King song that Aretha covered.....

Get it right, please.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
A few weeks ago, Ryan said that "Rescue Me" was an Aretha song...I don't remember who did it but it wasn't Aretha.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks