What's new

American Idol - Season 10 (1 Viewer)

James Lee

Stunt Coordinator
I am so glad the Jersey Shore Snooki wannabe got eliminated. Especially after the cocky smack talking she did during the first round of individual performances in Hollywood. Too bad the tall blonde from Nashville bailed on her original group to team up with her. That was a bad, bad decision.

Phil Taylor

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by TonyD

Not sure who you mean. Was she the little really annoyingly happy girl?
She and her 11 suitcases got booted before Hollywood I think.

Not her - that was the pageant type girl... not the queen - she just sang like she was in a pageant. I'm talking about the first girl on the first show. She was cute and had curly/way brunette hair.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
You mean this girl?

Her fate is as yet unknown. Well, maybe it's known now, I have watched tonight's episode yet.

Phil Taylor

Supporting Actor
No - this girl was REAL cute and petite with a pretty decent voice - think she was the very first audition on the first show

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I can't stop staring at Julie Zorrila when they give her some airtime. There are still 50 contestants left! I'm getting exhausted from the audition shows.

I loved the subtitles, too funny.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I always love the Hollywood rounds and eliminations, it always manages to really convey the feeling of staying up all night rehearsing, getting only a couple hours of sleep and then dealing with the pressure of performing. It was extra great this year simply because there was so much amazing drama going on.

Am I the only one who doesn't want Jaycee to go on because I want him to maintain his innocence? The boy is far too nice and too young to be ready for all of this, it's gonna mess him up lol.

That one bald black kid is amazing but his voice takes on an almost demonic low near the end of his songs, the likes of which I haven't heard since Linda Blair.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
Yeah, Jaycee seems to be a very nice kid, he didn't even bad mouth the people for kicking him out of their group.

How old is that bald black dude? I thought he was like 30.

I despise that odd looking white girl with short multi colored hair that wanted to quit the other night, she is so up and down I couldn't imagine what it must be like for her boyfriend. Also, the guy who overslept, WTF he was just standing at the door looking like a tool, grab your sht and get the heck down there to perform.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I am 99% certain I spotted Squeaky toward the end of last night in a quick montage of kids who *didn't* get eliminated. Hanson, do that frame-by-frame thing on your Tivo!

Maybe it's just due to the way they decided to edit the episode, but last night was the best set of group performances I've ever seen on this show. Usually there are a bunch of train wrecks on group day. This time most of the groups sounded pretty good.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Sometimes they make cuts in the groups but due to the editing, it only looks like they cut people. So sometimes, you think someone was cut in groups but then they show up later.

However, in Squeaky's case, they specifically mentioned her by name as one of the favorites that was cut. So she gone.

You may be thinking of a different Squeaky. The one Tony is referring to has the big arm tats and man face. And her house burned down.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Was that Squeaky (house burned down) the one that looked a little like Clea Duvall with lighter color hair?

I can not believe the one paramount cardinal rule of Hollywood week ("Don't forget the words") was broken last night. No, not broken, shattered actually. Maybe that was a Simon thing and they tried to separate from that, but man, it seemed like forgetting the words was an instant pass to the next round. Ashley not only forgot the words, she was terrible, she goes through. Low-voiced country dude, who can only seem to sing one song, forgets the words, totally botches song, goes through. A shark may have been jumped last night!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It is fairly obvious who the producers wanted to "cast" in certain genre slots to get to the people voting phase coming up soon, so they definitely let in some contestants who didn't know the words to their songs (both in the group, and later in their solos).

The other cowboy singer (John Wayne something) has a really cool quality about his singing, much more sincere than tall country kid with the low voice who butchered his new song.

I wish the guy (tall, shaved head black dude, reminded me of Ethel Merman at times) who blew the doors down in his solo would not use his lower registers, they just sound creepy weird, especially since his upper registers are powerful and not so grating on the ears.

Kinda glad they didn't give the Durbin solo, I'm sort of already tired of his shrieking wailing.

Hate the karoake dude with the round frame glasses, he just sings so over-the-top, it's tiresome.

The producers really love Lauren Elena, who has this Ms. Piggy vibe about her, but I find her singing voice range just middle of the road for now, but she's only 15 years old (so J-Lo keeps reminding us).

Casey has a good performance vibe about him (he brought the big bass with him), but he'll need a bit of a makeover, I suspect.

JC won't last, even with the cute 15-year old angle, his voice needs to mature.

I think JC is there too soon. I agree he's not ready. I think the sympathy of him being dissed by the group carried him through. I actually expected (hoped) there would be some blowback on round glasses guy and he would be sent home. He is just not likable.

Phil Taylor

Supporting Actor
I think the girl I was thinking of was Thia Megea - looks like her best I can recall ... she made it last night with Wonderful World.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Thia's cute, and can sing (easily goes up the ladder vocally), but I like staring at Julie Z. more when she sings, though Julie doesn't have a powerhouse voice.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Originally Posted by Patrick Sun

I like staring at Julie Z. more when she sings, though Julie doesn't have a powerhouse voice.

And that's why she probably won't make it out of the semis. It happens every year -- gorgeous chick with a good but not great voice bombs a bit in the semis, and while a bad performance from a guy singer isn't the kiss of death if he's cute (a la Tim Urban) the voters are merciless if you're stunningly pretty and aren't at least an amazing singer. I know Carrie is quite hot now, but she had a pretty but corn fed appearance that needed a big makeover when her season started -- most of what makes her hot now was mostly post Idol. It didn't hurt that she could sing like hell. Ditto for Katherine McPhee.

Maybe I'll be in for a big surprise one way or the other, but in order to shield myself from disappointment, I'll just check her off my potential top 12 list.

Oh, and I have been updating my AI Blog on Wordpress a couple of times a week (usually late Thursdays and Fridays). You can click on the link in my sig if you want to catch up.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'm not sure if Julie Z will end up being in the top 6 girls for the finals, either. I just hope that if she doesn't make, neither does Ashley Sullivan (so overly dramatic).

Phil Taylor

Supporting Actor
OK - finally figured out who the 15 year old from the Jersey audition was and apparently she didn't make it to Vegas and got cut somewhere along the way -- Kenzie Palmer -- not Thia Megia....

http://www.americanidol.com/videos/season_10/road_to_hollywood/kenzie_palmer/

Upon re-listening to the YouTube clip she was just OK, not great - but still cute as a button -- maybe next year or two or three...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks