What's new

American Idol - Season 10 (1 Viewer)

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Originally Posted by Patrick Sun

Randy appears to be the really jaded one this season, and isn't all that afraid to tell those who can't sing, in no uncertain terms, that their singing is garbage and to get off the audition stage ASAP.

Wonder how many pretty girls got golden tickets when only Steven and Randy gave the 2 yes votes while J-Lo voted them down?

With Cowell gone, I guess Randy has to play bad-cop, Lopez has taken Paula's den-mother role, while Tyler is a lascivious version of the old Randy.

I noticed in the first ep (maybe first two) that there were no split decisions at all, and was wondering if it was all going to be unanimous. But yes, so far in the 2-1 decisions they do all seem to be in favour of pretty girls with Lopez the dissenter. Quite different from the old days, when Paula was inevitably the one who voted yes, Cowell no and the decision could go either way depending on Randy.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I caught that about Randy as well but he also seems to be more relaxed around the new judges, overall the new panel has really won me over, I like the chemistry and playfulness coming from them.

And I realize she won't make it past the Hollywood rounds but Stormi...dayum. I say let's enjoy her while we've got her.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Did they give out 500 golden tickets this season? It seems like a ridiculous amount of contestants are going to Hollywood (only to get the axe after the first or second round of cuts, I suspect).

I thought the crying girl could sing, but she's got to get it together.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
It's just a matter of editing and perception. There are always hundreds of Golden Tickets handed out. But in the past, a lot of the auditions were of the terrible kind, with large stretches of time devoted to deluded contestants who broke down in front of the judges. This year, they're showing many more of the auditioners who went to Hollywood, so while it seems like they're handing out more Golden Tickets, it really a case of the editors showing many more of these auditions.

The crying girl was awful both times. Actually, I thought she was worse the second time.

Fraggle Rock guy looks like the second coming of Taylor Hicks. Swap out harmonica with melodica and there ya go.

Phil Taylor

Supporting Actor
I'm REALLY liking the new synergy of the judge panel - they seem to actually be enjoying themselves - and me them ... unlike recent seasons.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Fast forward 5-7 years, do you still think Steven and J-Lo will be as fresh and bubbly about the whole audition process? They probably should rotate in new judges every 3-4 years to pump new energy into the mix.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Once again, Idol's closed captions are varying wildly from the audio. Last night Seacrest said something like "58 golden tickets were handed out today," and the captions read 27! (or maybe it was the other way around. . .)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I heard it was over 50 golden tickets given out in the Texas auditions.

How many cities did they hold auditions for this season?

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
J-Lo is a very good looking woman.

Also, how many audition episodes are there before Hollywood week? It looks like HW is going to get here sooner then I expected.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
It could have been due to a relative lack of talent, but I think last night happened because there was an overabundance of freakshow material and the producers decided to fashion an episode made up almost entirely of delusional losers. It would have fit right in with seasons 8 or 9, but it felt out of place this year. It wiped out some of the progress that had been made thus far.

I will admit, however, that I did have a laugh or two during the crazy guy singing James Brown -- once when he was trying to talk but completely out of breath, and again when he was trying to deliver the phrase, "I'm the next American Idol" but couldn't even remember the title of the show. I am convinced he was some whack job street performer that caught Nigel's eye and was brought on for comic relief. The thing is, I don't think this cat knew what American Idol was.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
You may be right about him, Hanson. But I don't know if I'd want to see him in the finale. Folks like "I Am Your Brother" Guy and "Pants on the Ground" Guy seemed like harmless goofballs (was William Hung brought back for a finale?). This guy was intense to the point of being kind of creepy and scary.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I especially loved it when he tried to moonwalk but all he could muster was simply walking backwards then he rolled around on the floor like he was on fire lol.

Hell I can moonwalk and I'm a lame white guy, nowhere near the bad mutha' fucka' he was.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
It's a bit old, but anyone see this poll from THR?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/gallery/thr-poll-67-american-idol-68329#1

The first graph supports the notion that there is a large voting bloc made up of conservative Southern moms. Most of the other graphs are a bit outdated seeing how the data was compiled before season 10 started, but the fact that only 21% of actual viewers (and not the population in general) knew the name Lee Dewyze is startling.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
That thin-voiced redhead's house wasn't the only thing that was on fire.

There, somebody had to say it.

(Be honest -- who else is praying that the kid with Tourette's makes it to the live shows?)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Aaron Silverman

(Be honest -- who else is praying that the kid with Tourette's makes it to the live shows?)

And not at all for the right reasons, I suspect...

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Julie Zorilla from Colombia is stunningly gorgeous:

She's got this Lea Michele thing going on, and kind of looks like Lea after getting a nose job (don't do it Lea -- you're still gorgeous and look what happened to Jennifer Grey). And in the end, Julie will end up like Janell Wheeler, Becky O'Donohue, Amy Davis, and Casey Carlson and be booted off the first round just to remind all the guys watching that they're not in charge. Sure, guys are the reason actresses dress up in bikinis and bras in other prime time shows, but that shit won't fly on Idol. It's not your show.

Oh yeah, her singing isn't all that great (too many runs and too breathy) and she mimes the lyrics while singing. I think that singers performing charades is my number one pet peeve.

But damn she's fine.
Glad the auditions are over. I just can't even take one more sob story. And last night had the highest sspm (sob stories per minute) in can remember. I guess this year's batch knows how to get face time. The last sob story was laid on so thick it was applied with a trowel. They forgot to mention that in addition to Tourette's and Aspberger's, Durbin also suffers from cry-babyitis.

Aaron, I don't know who you're referring to.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks