What's new

American Idol - Season 10 (1 Viewer)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Originally Posted by Russell G

I think this season had some of the strongest talent I've seen on the show. Which is weird since it was such a boring season. I know I watched last nights show, but I'd be hard pressed to be able to say too much about it. Thank god this snooze fest is over tonight.

I wont be watching Idol again.

The problem with this season is that the interesting talent tended to get overshadowed by the meh talent.

I'm sure I'll watch it again. It's just a matter of if and when during the season I lose interest.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
Anyone else find it odd that there were no comments from the judges til after 4 songs? I don't remember them ever doing it that way on a competition night before.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Aaron Silverman

The problem with this season is that the interesting talent tended to get overshadowed by the meh talent.

I'm sure I'll watch it again. It's just a matter of if and when during the season I lose interest.

I would agree with you about the talent statement. Even after all this time, I would not change one person I put in my top 4 AI list this year. For me, those are the only performers I would ever be interested in listening to or buying records of. Just hard to believe that Pia and Haley were reversed. Otherwise, I greatly enjoyed this year more than any others except the first year and Underwood's.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Steven certainly was entertaining, you could never really predict what nonsense he was going to spout -- and I mean nonsense in a good way, rather than Paula's inane blathering.

As for standard of talent this season, I'd say technically they were better singers than any previous batch collectively, in that utterly dud "pitchy" performances were really rare, but on the other hand that technical ability was countered with a lack of charisma, which made for sound yet boring performances.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
No posts after the grand finale? Although I suppose anyone reading this thread the last few weeks would not have been the slightest bit surprised at the result.

I thought it was a reasonably entertaining finale show, though not as good as the year Kiss and (half of) Queen performed, but then again that's just my preference in music. Interesting that J.Lo didn't sing, but instead danced to her husband's singing. And Steven performed on his own without Aerosmith, I guess they haven't patched things up yet.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
I found the finale to be quite entertaining, as these things go. It's no secret that I'm a big Lady Gaga fan, and her performance of "The Edge of Glory" was amazing. I thought Steven Tyler was great, though I would have preferred the full version--seriously, would it have not made more sense to cut out one of the shrieky medley songs to have a legitimate rock legend sing an entire song? Marc Anthony's performance was fun, and it was cool to see Sheila E; J Lo's booty-shaking was a highlight. Beyonce really left it all on the floor, as they say, with "1+1." Heck, even the Spiderman performance was good.

The medleys by the contestants were annoying as usual, but I don't watch the results shows for them anyway :)

I'll probably watch next year.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
The highlight of the entire season was Judas Priest with James. I want something like "Rockstar" back because that's the only type of music that really matters to me. At least James made the season worthwhile, though he did go way too "pop" at times.

I'm glad it's over. For about 4 seasons now, I've considered dropping the show but there's always the hope of someone I'll like. I don't think we'll ever get a rock Idol. The type of music popular today doesn't appeal to me at all, and I'm so glad I didn't grow up with that. It's all rather depressing.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
The finale was the best episode yet. The only time it ground to a halt was when Lauren or Scotty performed!

I think this is my last Idol. I never agree with America, the show has yet to produce an artist I'd pay money to support. And with the inclusion of kids, there's something demented and cruel about the whole thing. There was an uneasiness in watching Lauren on this thing, she seemed like a pageant girl being forced up there by a cruel mum, only enjoying the brief moments when she could sing. such a painful show.

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elizabeth S

The highlight of the entire season was Judas Priest with James. I want something like "Rockstar" back because that's the only type of music that really matters to me. At least James made the season worthwhile, though he did go way too "pop" at times.

I'm glad it's over. For about 4 seasons now, I've considered dropping the show but there's always the hope of someone I'll like. I don't think we'll ever get a rock Idol. The type of music popular today doesn't appeal to me at all, and I'm so glad I didn't grow up with that. It's all rather depressing.
I agree. I loved Rockstar, especially with INXS. I enjoyed the music more, and the singers had a real sense of musical sensibility most on AI didn't have this season. I found this season still entertaining enough to watch, but once Casey and then James were gone, I lost real interest.

I thought Judas Priest suited James perfectly. He did a really good job with it, and seemed to be having a great time. A lot of fun to watch.

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
Originally Posted by Elizabeth S

I have to concur with you on that, Elizabeth. I can only listen to so much of what goes for popular music today before having to set it aside. I come away with adjacent feelings myself.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
As long as we're lamenting lost music competition shows, let's have a moment of silence for the best of them all: The Next Great American Band. As with so many other classic yet short-lived shows, buried in a crappy time slot and utterly unpromoted by Fox. :(

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Originally Posted by Aaron Silverman

As long as we're lamenting lost music competition shows, let's have a moment of silence for the best of them all: The Next Great American Band. As with so many other classic yet short-lived shows, buried in a crappy time slot and utterly unpromoted by Fox. :(

Agreed.

Sixwire and The Clark Brothers (since renamed to Sons of Sylvia) were awesome.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I'm not even a Country fan and I thought the Clark Brothers were -- make that *are* great. (Sixwire didn't do a lot for me, but only because I'm not into that genre -- they're an excellent band.)

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
Well, it was no surprise at all who won this year given what EW Insider reported way back in the second week of April. They said it was clear then who was getting the most votes and that Scotty was getting about a billion more votes than anyone else. It also stated that while actual viewership is spread out more between 12-17 girls and those 18-34, that it was the youngest girls that "vastly outnumbered any other group of viewers for the show." So, it would seem it was clear to them as early as the top 10 who was going to win. It was just the others that had a different order, such as the whole Pia and Haley reversal.

Like I said, the top 4 I picked out in the contest is still who I would choose today and the only ones I would buy a record of. I thought this year was great too because it had a variety of music talent and not just one category. As a music lover, my collection varies widely for the most part and it was nice to see that here at least on AI.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks