What's new

American Hustle Quick Review (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
And I think Jonah Hill's performance in Wolf eclipses anything in American Hustle, including JL's performance. Hill was extraordinary. I mean I liked AH, but as time goes by, it fades more into my memory. I'm of the opinion it's the most overrated film of the year IMO.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
I finally got a chance to see this. Pretty much THE STING meets GOODFELLAS but I thought it was great. The atmosphere, cinematography and the music selections were just wonderful. The way Bale can become any character from this to Batman to the white trash in OUT OF THE FURNACE is just amazing to watch. With THE FIGHTER, SILVER LININGS and this film, Russell is taking material that we've seen over and over since the silent era yet he somehow manages to make it fresh and original with his own style. We've seen the dumb wife/girlfriend role SOOOOOO many times before but Lawrence and the director just made it seem so fresh here. I liked how the film mixed tension with some nice laughs and of course all the twists. I won't spoil the big cameo in the film but I thought it was a wonderful touch.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Finally saw this last night. It was great. Probably the best movie I saw from 2013. I thought Bale and Adams were just outstanding; they were such strong presences throughout the movie. They both deserve Oscars. Which is not to say Cooper and Lawrence were slouches - they were great too. (So was Renner, who deserved a nomination.) Classic filmmaking of the sort we don't see much these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks