What's new

American Chopper: Senior vs. Junior - Season 1 (1 Viewer)

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
With the spoiler from above....would add this link:

http://motorsportsnewswire.wordpress.com/2010/08/20/paul-jr-design-unveiling-in-sturgis-0820101/

This link shows both of the new bikes coming from Jr's shop - at least they got 2 of the bike stands working...

Looks like the Pic's were moved:

Anti-venom bike:

http://katesdon.wordpress.com/2010/08/14/paul-jr-designs/1ds39285/

Geico Bike:

http://katesdon.wordpress.com/2010/08/14/paul-jr-designs/1d4_1164/

Along with that - they have a web site up as well....to sell their clothes (no bikes to be found...)

http://www.pauljrdesigns.com/

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Right now the shop is only doing theme bikes, they do not have a "production" bike built yet that is sold to the public, hence nothing on website for sale.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
The show really seems to be siding with Paulie. They were really making Sr. a fool this week. He says, "We work hard around here. It's 10:30, which means Paulie is still home in his boxers." Cut to Jr. pulling up to work when it's still dark out. Then, he and Vin work on their Antivenom bike the whole show while Sr. works on a stupid ramp for a useless stunt. Poole really needs to just shut up and keep out of the feud.

LynxFX

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ole Oleson
It has been an interesting season so far. Paulie is cocky as hell and says plenty of eye rolling things, but I do want to see him build some sick bikes. I looked at the spoiler above but I look forward to seeing the process. I do wonder how much of this is producer interference and how much is them actually getting the business.

I am losing lots of respect for the guys over at OCC though.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Could Senior be any more of an asshole? Man, just do your thing and lose the commentary. "I know for a fact that Vinnie and Odie did all the work." "This electric drag bike is years ahead of anything Paulie is doing." "Everyone will be there for Motley Crue, not Paulie."

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Half way through the season I started fast forwarding through all the Senior and OCC bits and only watching Paulies stuff. I wonder if the show will be back.

LynxFX

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ole Oleson
Originally Posted by Steve_Tk

Half way through the season I started fast forwarding through all the Senior and OCC bits and only watching Paulies stuff. I wonder if the show will be back.

I started doing the same for the last couple episodes. It was kind of a weird end to the season. I was expecting something to get resolved but it just ended.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
They are filming the next season. I came across a post of someone that was at an event in which Paulie was showing a new bike and the cameras were there. I don't think there will be any resolution between father/son until the court decision is over with. It was also mentioned in that post, and the court hearing was recently done. Mikey also started his own company with some guy named Angry Chef Mike, or something, and they make salsa? I don't have all the details.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
It was. The show was cancelled, because it sucked that last season and ratings were down. They thought up this idea and the ratings were back to where they used to be, however it was not many episodes. It will be back though.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
OCC wouldn't be anywhere near where they are without the show, and Junior's shop is going to depend on it as well.. I'm not a motorcycle guy at all, but I've seen plenty of hardcore biker types making fun of OCC's bikes. Assuming they know what they are talking about, then most people looking for custom bikes on the show are mainly interested in the free advertising they get for being on the show. I mean, even if the bikes are the best of the best, that's a major factor. Geico gained more having their name mentioned and logos displayed over several episodes than they did from auctioning the bike at a very specialized gathering of bikers.

Maybe people are turned off by Senior being such an asshole, but I was interested in seeing PJD evolve. I hope they don't reconsider giving it another season.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Well, yeh. The only reason any of these companies buy a custom bike is the advertising. They pay $150,000 for the bike and their name is mentioned a 100 times an hour on a highly rated cable show. That's cheap advertising. I've seen the hardcore types make fun of OCC bikes, but I know they've also won awards. Hardcore types always complain about anything popular, doesn't matter what the product is.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Like Bose? LOL. Ducking!

Yeah, I guess pointing out it's about cheap advertising was kind of stating the obvious.

Look, I may be going out on a limb here but somebody has to say it. Paul Sr is a multi-award winning bike designer. He personally designed several bikes that were on the cutting edge of his era. That's why OCC got the show in the first place. Paulie is a kid who had a lot of potential, but blew it by being a punk. The tail dont wag the dog. Anybody who has a teenage son knows what I mean. No offense to you or Paulie, but PJD's bike shop is a dream and will be closed by the end of next year. Paul Sr. has had a lot of emotional meltdowns on live TV, but that really doesn't matter; he works his ass off. Paul Jr. is a slacker who should have known his place. It is never a child's right to decide they are somehow the peer of their parents.

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
I think there is a lot that we don’t see. It seems like Sr. made his money in the iron works business first, and that the bike building is his second venture. He seems to get his family involved in his work, with one of his other sons running the iron works plant now. In the earlier shows, there were sports competitions between the bike crew and the iron works crew. Sr. may have worked hard at one time, but with just watching the show – he is shown sitting in the office, coming out for a fight once in a while, and going back in the office. Every now in then he does something on one of the bikes, but most of the time it is just yelling and complaining about progress. All of the design work and fabrication was done by Jr and the crew. I thought that Vinnie and Rick were the hard workers in the crew, while Jr. was always kind of flakey and a punk as you put it.

There were a few episodes where Sr. and Jr. would design bikes at the same time and compete against each other using the same crew, and the results were usually in Jr’s favor – where Sr is stuck always doing the old school, hard tail look – with much more of the work being done by the crew.

Now that Jr. has his own shop, he seems to be taking things a little more seriously and actually showing up on time and working hard. He also has to do the work of getting new projects that his father used to do. We now see Sr. trying everything he can to make his son’s new venture fail, bad mouth him at every chance, and generally be a jerk. It is sad that the father/son relationship seems to be lost because of the big egos involved on both sides. I’m not sure what happened with Sr. and Mike, but that relationship seems lost as well. Jr. seems to be taking the higher road and not bad mouth as much, but Sr. can’t let things go. I think it showed a lot that Jr. actually met a deadline and got his first two bikes done on time.

LynxFX

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ole Oleson
Wait, there's new episodes? Wow I haven't seen a single ad.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Yep. There was actually a new one last week, or at least, it was new to me. It was post-Sturgis and post-Paulie's wedding. Senior actually gave a bit of praise to Paulie for getting a couple of bikes out, but it was undercut with a snide, "Good for him, though they were at the level of bikes we made in our first year." That episode was listed as a repeat and I wouldn't have caught it had I not been watching something else on the channel when it started.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks