What's new

AMC, NAD or audio source.... (1 Viewer)

wayne rec

Auditioning
i plan on updating my home audio(yes, i know... i just updated it a couple of months ago, and a couple of months before that, and so on and so on... compulsive?:)? anyhow..., i think i have the seperates narrowed down to AMC, NAD or "possibly" audio source(amp, pre amp & tuner). any suggestions? pro's/con's. thanks!

Erik Farstad

Supporting Actor
Wayne, I have both the AMC 2N100-5 (150x5) and the 2100 (100x2) amps mated with my Rotel RSP-1066 and couldn't be happier! Their both GREAT amps for the money and BTW they're both designed by a guy who used to design NAD's amps a few years ago...so they're VERY SIMILAR to NAD gear...just an FYI....at MUCH cheaper prices too!

E-mail me if you want to know anything more specific!

Enjoy,

E

Jack Keck

Second Unit
There was a thread about AMC amps a while back. Just look out for posts about those crappy cars...;

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Wayne, you said "home audio", so are you looking for stereo or home theater (surround sound)? NAD makes excellent stereo amps, pre-amps, and integrated amps for the money. I use some of their Classic Series products in my two stereo systems. See www.nadelectronics.com for more information. If you have specific questions, fire away!

John A. Casler

Second Unit
Wayne,

What speakers and "front end" are you using?
What is your budget?
What is your goal? (louder, soundstage, imaging, etc)
What do you presently have (if anything) that you are wishing to upgrade from?
What kind of music do you listen to?
Is this for "vinyl" listening too?
Do you have a sub or "subless" audio system?

Sorry for the questions, but to make a reccomendation we need to know a few things about your system.

John

wayne rec

Auditioning
1)two sets of infinity reference(2-way, 6.5 mid w/silk tweets)
2)"small"
3)i need to be able to "hook up" my richter scale, processors and EQ. i want to use them for tape, cd and radio.
4)i presently am using an onkyo 8511 reciever and an onkyo 5.1 reciever(i alternate, LOL)
6)mostly classic rock, but some of everything.
7)no vinyl.
8)i have a home built sub, sounds great.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Wayne, you still didn't tell us your budget. Also, are you happy with your home-theater receiver for movies? Would you want to keep it and replace the Onkyo '8511 with a better stereo amp? Help us out.

Phil Mays

Second Unit
Wayne,

I have the AMC 2N100-5. I am using a Onkyo 797 as the pre/pro. This AMC unit really cleaned up the power of the system. I am condsidering a second unit to bi-amp with.

Good luck.

Phil

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks