What's new

Amazon UK Deal: Universal Classic Monsters: The Essential Collection [Blu-ray] [1931][Region Free] f (1 Viewer)

SRW1000

Auditioning
Real Name
Scott
It had been averaging about £33 for the past few weeks, and works out to about $44 USD. Shipping was another £5, but I also ordered some another BD and a CD. They probably won't be delivered for about three weeks, but I can live with the wait.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Universal-Classic-Monsters-Essential-Collection/dp/B008H45YSO/ref=pd_rhf_gw_p_t_3
Nice deal for the set, at about 60% less than the USA price.
Scott

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I just checked and now it's down to 27 pounds (how do you type the pound symbol?) and at checkup when the VAT is removed, would be even less than that. For a recent release, for the value that you get, this has to rank high and a list of very good buys.

SRW1000

Auditioning
Real Name
Scott
Johnny Angell said:
I just checked and now it's down to 27 pounds (how do you type the pound symbol?)
I cheated and just copied and pasted the pound symbol from the Amazon site. ;)
This is a really great deal. The only drawback is that you have to wait a while to get it, so it's too late for a Christmas present, and it sounds like it's missing one of the commentary tracks on Dracula. But I'll live with those negatives for the incredibly low price.
Scott

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Johnny Angell said:
I just checked and now it's down to 27 pounds (how do you type the pound symbol?) and at checkup when the VAT is removed, would be even less than that. For a recent release, for the value that you get, this has to rank high and a list of very good buys.
£ -- Depress and hold Alt key -- type 0-1-6-3 -- release Alt
Most of the time Amazon UK stated price will have VAT Added in
At checkout, the VAT is removed (divide by 1.2 or multiply by 0.83), add shipping £3.08 standard for single item.
I bought it at $45 and can't say I was disappointed even a little. Amazing value even at that price, much less at less than 40

David Dias

Stunt Coordinator
I just jumped on this deal just now at £27.00; came out to $43.08 with shipping.
Any chance the Hitchcock set will drop down in price a little? :)

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Originally Posted by Johnny Angell /t/326080/amazon-uk-deal-universal-classic-monsters-the-essential-collection-blu-ray-1931-region-free-for-27-00#post_4015345
....... (how do you type the pound symbol?) ..............

On the NUM-version of the keypad on the left (Numlock on)... ALT(156). I believe it works on the US keyboard as well, although no longer everywhere - not every input field takes it anymore .

(That's: press ALT, hold it, press 156, sequentially, release ALT.
If the input field refuses to take it, use Notepad and copy&paste, but it's a bit complicated of course.
Another source would be the Character Map in Accessories/System Tools, it's rather straight forward, but not terribly simplistic as well.)

Cees

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
If you can wait, definitely wait when it comes to these box sets. They always seem to come down much farther on Amazon UK than most anywhere here. Seems like they inevitably drop to the point of maybe ~$6-8/movie for each box set. I definitely wouldn't spend more than ~$10/movie on such sets from the UK. If I wanted it that much, I probably would've either bought the individual titles already or just get the US version, but that's just me of course...
And yes, I'm waiting for a better price on that Hitchcock set myself.
_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks