What's new

Amazon starts Black Friday Web Site. WIll you be sitting at the computer every four hours waiting f (1 Viewer)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
ChrisALM said:
I was able to get "It Takes A Thief". I'm really surprised it didn't sell out immediately at the 29.49 price.
Same here. I added it first and then the Ellery Queen set (already own the A&C set - got it a year ago for ~$18) expecting both to sell out rather quickly... *especially* ITAT considering the very low price. I was astounded to see the A&C set sell out in under a minute with ITAT taking almost the full time to get to 100%. Ellery Queen did not sell out which was also a surprise. Guess it's more "niche" than I thought.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
ChrisALM said:
I was too.  Abbott and Costello was sold out.
Yeah, I know. I went straight to checkout with "It Takes a Thief" just to make sure I had the deal. By the time I navigated back to the page, the Abbott And Costello deal was gone. Oh well, there goes the upgrade :( (at least for now  ;) ).
It's *currently* seling for $24.99 (from Amazon, not a MP vendor) - only $3 over the LD price. Maybe it's *not* gone for you... :)

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
Originally Posted by BobO'Link /t/325141/amazon-starts-black-friday-web-site-will-you-be-sitting-at-the-computer-every-four-hours-waiting-for-the-next-bf-deal/60#post_4004589
It's *currently* seling for $24.99 (from Amazon, not a MP vendor) - only $3 over the LD price. Maybe it's *not* gone for you...

The A&C set was selling for $24.99 yesterday as well. I was able to get the $21.99 price this morning, but I'm surprised it sold out so quickly considering that it was fairly nominal discount.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Richard Gallagher said:
It's *currently* seling for $24.99 (from Amazon, not a MP vendor) - only $3 over the LD price. Maybe it's *not* gone for you... :)

The A&C set was selling for $24.99 yesterday as well. I was able to get the $21.99 price this morning, but I'm surprised it sold out so quickly considering that it was fairly nominal discount.
I'm constantly amazed at what sells out on these Lightning Deals, especially the stuff that's only a dollar or two less then the "regular" everyday/non-BF price.
I managed to score a great deal at WM a couple of hours ago. I got a $6 off 2 "combo pack" coupon from DMR which was good on the Brave BR/DVD combo pack. WM has it for $8.98 so I picked up 2 (one for me and another for a gift) for a ~$13 price for both after tax. It was a very painless trip. There were few people in the store so I managed to spend a whole 20 minutes from the time I left until I returned home (there's a WM about 1.5 miles from me). I'd missed the Amazon LD (which I read sold out in seconds) and just happened to check email after family left from Thanksgiving meal/visit to see the coupon from Disney. Turned out to be a very nice surprise and absolutely made up for missing the LD! :D

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Originally Posted by BobO'Link /t/325141/amazon-starts-black-friday-web-site-will-you-be-sitting-at-the-computer-every-four-hours-waiting-for-the-next-bf-deal/60#post_4004589
It's *currently* seling for $24.99 (from Amazon, not a MP vendor) - only $3 over the LD price. Maybe it's *not* gone for you...
Thanks, Howie. You know, I didn't even think about checking out the price after the deal on the A&C set until you mentioned it. I went back to Amazon, and sure enough, it was still there for 24.99, so I picked it up.

I already have Ellery Queen and it is a nice set. I thought it would go quickly, too.

BTW - In case anyone is interested, I just saw The Planet of the Apes 5 bluray disc Collection at Amazon for 19.99 - about 4 dollars per movie. Not bad.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Tremendous Andy deal. I paid $165 years back. I'm still wading through the final season. But overall the show is great from beginning to end. $50 is insanely cheap for all that even though the packaging (which looks nice) is horribly constructed like something meant for Dollar Tree. Cheap all discs carefully when you get the set.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
ChrisALM said:
Thanks, Howie. You know, I didn't even think about checking out the price after the deal on the A&C set until you mentioned it. I went back to Amazon, and sure enough, it was still there for 24.99, so I picked it up.
I already have Ellery Queen and it is a nice set. I thought it would go quickly, too.
BTW - In case anyone is interested, I just saw The Planet of the Apes 5 bluray disc Collection at Amazon for 19.99 - about 4 dollars per movie. Not bad.
Glad to help! I've gotten into the habit of checking *all* the "regular" prices to see how much I might need to add to hit a free shipping threshold ("free" shipping is based on cart prices *before* the LD discount is subtracted) and just to see how good a bargain something truly will be on a LD so if I miss one I might still go for the few $$ higher price.
Amazon and others have had so many really good prices on BR titles this year that I'm somewhat tempted to purchase a BR player to justify getting a few (that LOTR set for ~$40 almost did the trick). I'm one of the few people who've not yet upgraded TV or DVD player (basically if it ain't broke don't fix it).

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I was all ready to go last night for a video game deal. Clicked on the button the minute it showed up...and got on the waitlist. About an hour later I was told it had sold out. The people who were with me were amazed. Really, I'm not terribly upset...just amused about what will happen this morning with The Hunger Games.

Spending some time right now on the Warner Archive site and finding too much in my cart right now...

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
^ I had THG in my Best Buy cart as a back up...and they took it out to "unavailable" about 10 minutes before the Amazon deal started. I did get the Amazon deal. The minute the button went live, I was clicking furiously.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
gordoncolt said:
Picked up It Takes A Thief for $29.49 and Steve Martin Tv Stuff for $15.49.Great Deals.
I got the Steve Martin too. Can't wait to see those Chimp's doing El Paso again. Me and my pop had watched that years ago. He was such a better person back then. I'd like to see if the old pop will come out of that bitter old fart he turned into. :D
Oh, I was wondering, Why on earth is The Lorax the #1 seller on amazon's movies section? I've never seen it but is it all that good? And it's not even a Blu ray! lol The topper would be if it was in full screen! But it's wide...

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Radioman970 said:
...I'd like to see if the old pop will come out of that bitter old fart he turned into. :D
Nope! Take it from another "bitter old fart" that once you hit that stage you're pretty much stuck there! :D
Radioman970 said:
Oh, I was wondering, Why on earth is The Lorax the #1 seller on amazon's movies section? I've never seen it but is it all that good? And it's not even a Blu ray! lol The topper would be if it was in full screen! But it's wide...
Because it's only $3.99, has been since Monday, and will be until the 26th - no LD needed. It makes a *great* filler if you need a few $$ to hit that magic $25 "free shipping" threshold. I've ordered a couple myself for that very reason (plus it'll make good stocking stuffers for the kids/grandkids). It'll probably be easy to flip for a couple $$ profit later too if you're so inclined (I don't mess with such stuff - usually not worth the bother IMHO).

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I made 4 orders and had no problem hitting that $25 each time. :D I'm absolutely positively DONE at this point. Unless it's something spectacular. The TZ blu rays at $150 was so tempting... if they did Dark Shadows for close to that I'd probably quickly cart that, pay for it and turn this damn PC off until next week.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Bond 50: The Complete 22 Film Collection (Blu-ray) is now active on Amazon for $99.99 (+ tax where applicable)
- Walter.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Walter Kittel /t/325141/amazon-starts-black-friday-web-site-will-you-be-sitting-at-the-computer-every-four-hours-waiting-for-the-next-bf-deal/60#post_4005015
Bond 50: The Complete 22 Film Collection (Blu-ray) is now active on Amazon for $99.99 (+ tax where applicable)
- Walter.
That's it! In 2013, I will not buy another BD release from a major studio until Black Friday. I've been buying these releases throughout the year at much higher prices and haven't even watch many of them to date. It has finally sunk into my hard head that my disc library is so large with a viewing list so long that I can afford to wait months at a time for most of these BD titles. This is especially true for those new films I've already seen during their theatrical run. What a dope I've been for so many years. It's time to get a little smarter with my monies.

Crawdaddy

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
That might not be a bad plan, Crawdaddy, though its hard to tell
exactly what Blu-rays will drop in price and what will not.

....I was thinking about the upcoming THE HOBBIT trilogy.

Warner will go through the usual multi-release cycle that starts
with a single Blu-ray to boxed set to Ultimate Collector's Edition.

I am hoping to wait it out a few years so I don't have to purchase
the same titles over and over again.

It's a vicious cycle with some of these releases, and, waiting
for the right time to buy them at the best price.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks