What's new

Amazon starts Black Friday Web Site. WIll you be sitting at the computer every four hours waiting f (1 Viewer)

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
The first time I clicked on the Steve Martin TV specials deal, it showed up for $29.99. I went back and forward again, and it showed up for $15.49. I hope I don't have any problems ordering all 4 seasons of The IT Crowd.

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
I picked up Get A Life and the Steve Martin set, and also picked up The Hangover BD as a Christmas present for 3.96.

Get A Life is sold out but Steve Martin has sold only 43% as of this minute.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Jason_V said:
I had a little issue with the Harry Potter 5-7 Lego game.  Clicked the button at 9:19 am (started at 9:10 am) and it was gone.  I got on the wait list and...bam...no problems.
I've had that happen with several items - mostly games.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Happily, I had no problems with The Prisoner today.

Good thing I have 2 4 day weekends coming at the end of the year. I'm gonna need that time to go through all the goodies I'm getting now...

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
From past experience and from what people were describing yesterday, I made sure to be ready at the very start of the lightning deals today and was able to get The Prisoner and Get A Life with no problem. That's all I wanted so I'm happy.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Wholly hell, i just stumbled across The Complete Sherlock Homes Granada Collection on DVD for 75 bucks!
I was surfing Amazon, saw it, saw the retail price of 225. Still $75 is not cheap, can i afford it? Yea, i was already adding it to my cart. It was like 70% off, shoot yea i can afford it!
So, i jumped on it. About 10 minutes after i bit, i saw the price was up to $150.
I think its a Friday lightning deal for $91, at 75 i don't think I blinked an eye before i hit buy.
Edit: back to $75.99

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I guess there won't be any super deal like that Watchman ship a couple years ago, or was it last year?

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
Originally Posted by RickER /t/325141/amazon-starts-black-friday-web-site-will-you-be-sitting-at-the-computer-every-four-hours-waiting-for-the-next-bf-deal/30#post_4004304
Wholly hell, i just stumbled across The Complete Sherlock Homes Granada Collection on DVD for 75 bucks!
I was surfing Amazon, saw it, saw the retail price of 225. Still $75 is not cheap, can i afford it? Yea, i was already adding it to my cart. It was like 70% off, shoot yea i can afford it!
So, i jumped on it. About 10 minutes after i bit, i saw the price was up to $150.
I think its a Friday lightning deal for $91, at 75 i don't think I blinked an eye before i hit buy.
Edit: back to $75.99

It's back to $75.99, at least for now

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I was able to snag copies of:
It Takes a Thief (*great* price!)
Ellery Queen Mysteries
Will be up late/early to get:
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Fifth Season
While this one was pulled from the "calendar" I've seen some video games that were pulled that have shown up on the deals anyway so I may *still* be able to get a copy of:
The Universe: The Mega Collection (still on the fence with this one)
And I'd asked earlier:
And why don't they have Community S3 for $9.99?
Well... they added it as a regular sale item to match the BB price - no LD needed. :)

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I was able to get "It Takes A Thief". I'm really surprised it didn't sell out immediately at the 29.49 price.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by ChrisALM /t/325141/amazon-starts-black-friday-web-site-will-you-be-sitting-at-the-computer-every-four-hours-waiting-for-the-next-bf-deal/30#post_4004447
I was able to get "It Takes A Thief". I'm really surprised it didn't sell out immediately at the 29.49 price.
I was too. Abbott and Costello was sold out.

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Originally Posted by Adam Gregorich /t/325141/amazon-starts-black-friday-web-site-will-you-be-sitting-at-the-computer-every-four-hours-waiting-for-the-next-bf-deal/30#post_4004493
I was too. Abbott and Costello was sold out.
Yeah, I know. I went straight to checkout with "It Takes a Thief" just to make sure I had the deal. By the time I navigated back to the page, the Abbott And Costello deal was gone. Oh well, there goes the upgrade ).

mark-edk

Second Unit
I'm confused. I could've sworn the deals with It Takes a Thief were set to start at 11:20 am; I even set my alarm to 2:15 EST so I wouldn't miss 'em. But when I go there I find the other three deals active but not Thief. It doesn't even show up in the 'missed deals' part of the Lightning deals display. A&C is active but 100% claimed while the other two are still selling. But not Thief. In fact on the 'holiday calendar' page it shows these deals starting at 8:30 am but has them bunched with the future deals with a different batch of deals in the currently selling pile.
So did they change the start of these deals, or did I just confuse the times? And why is Thief not showing up in the current OR missed Lightning deals display? Enquiring minds want to know!
EtA: OK now I see Thief in the 'missed deals' category. But that still doesn't explain why A&C is in the current deals with a 100% claimed while Thief isn't. So I guess I got the time wrong. Stupid me.

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
The start time for Thief and A&C was listed as 8:20am PST. I'm in EST, so at 11:20am both deals became available. I don't know why Thief is now gone and A&C shows a Waitlist. Maybe Amazon has actually sold all the Thief items and A&C has some items still in customers' carts that haven't been purchased. I'm just guessing - I really don't know how all of this works.

mark-edk

Second Unit
I think I must have double-compensated for the time zones. I converted 8:20 to 11:20 EST, then converted it again to 2:20. Rookie mistake. Oh well, they still show Thief in stock at the regular price (which is still a pretty good deal) so I can't figure out how the details of these things work either. Thanks for clearing up my chronological confusion!

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Originally Posted by HDvision /t/325141/amazon-starts-black-friday-web-site-will-you-be-sitting-at-the-computer-every-four-hours-waiting-for-the-next-bf-deal/30#post_4004521
The Prisoner didn't get to 19,99 yet, unless I'm mistaken?
I'm trying to remember - I think the DVD set did, but the Bluray set might have been 22.99.

DVDvision

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
I'm trying to get the Blu-ray Prisoner set at lower price (since it's stupidly region coded, only good for the computer) but haven't seen the drop yet (still 29,99)

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Originally Posted by mark-edk /t/325141/amazon-starts-black-friday-web-site-will-you-be-sitting-at-the-computer-every-four-hours-waiting-for-the-next-bf-deal/30#post_4004522
I think I must have double-compensated for the time zones. I converted 8:20 to 11:20 EST, then converted it again to 2:20. Rookie mistake. Oh well, they still show Thief in stock at the regular price (which is still a pretty good deal) so I can't figure out how the details of these things work either. Thanks for clearing up my chronological confusion

Yeah - I saw Thief at 44.95, so, I thought if I missed the deal, I might just pick it up at that price anyway. As it worked out, Thief was available for a while and I was able to catch the deal.

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Originally Posted by HDvision /t/325141/amazon-starts-black-friday-web-site-will-you-be-sitting-at-the-computer-every-four-hours-waiting-for-the-next-bf-deal/30#post_4004528
I'm trying to get the Blu-ray Prisoner set at lower price (since it's stupidly region coded, only good for the computer) but haven't seen the drop yet (still 29,99)
It was a lightning deal yesterday or the day before yesterday on Amazon. I'm pretty sure the DVD set went under twenty dollars and the Bluray was something like 22.99 - both R1.

Users who are viewing this thread