What's new

Amazon starts Black Friday Web Site. WIll you be sitting at the computer every four hours waiting f (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I got the Watchmen ship for $14.
Probably spent more there than anywhere else.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
^I really wanted one of those but got distracted when the sale went live and missed it! :(
I typically spend more at Amazon on BF week/weekend than I do at local stores simply due to not having to fight physical crowds for a "bargain". Time wise it's probably 4 or more hours watching/waiting for a bargain to go live. Even so it's far less time than I used to spend in lines/stores over the BF weekend.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
The last few years Amazon posted a calendar with upcoming deals. They wouldn't post the prices until the night before, but at least you knew what items would be part of the sale.
Does anyone know if they are going to do it this year (or if they've done it yet)?
David

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
BobO'Link said:
^I really wanted one of those but got distracted when the sale went live and missed it! :(
I typically spend more at Amazon on BF week/weekend than I do at local stores simply due to not having to fight physical crowds for a "bargain". Time wise it's probably 4 or more hours watching/waiting for a bargain to go live. Even so it's far less time than I used to spend in lines/stores over the BF weekend.
I actually missed it too initially. I ended up actually being number one on the wait list for people who cancelled or didn't go through with the order.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Quote:
[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]The last few years Amazon posted a calendar with upcoming deals. They wouldn't post the prices until the night before, but at least you knew what items would be part of the sale.[/COLOR]

Yeah, looking for that myself.

Amazon posted their LIGHTNING DEALS schedule so you
knew when you had to be online to get them.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
FWIW, here is the link to last years... Of course there's nothing on it now. I don't know if it'll be on the same link (probably not) or have a new one (I'm betting on this). I've been regularly looking for it too. Based on last years appearance I'm guessing it'll appear sometime on Friday (11/16).

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I remember last year Amazon was late posting their BF Deals Week Calendar, but I don't remember them being this late. I imagine it will be revealed sometime during the weekend.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
The calendar is up now but I can't get a link to post properly.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Tony,

I am looking around Amazon after seeing your post.

I can't even find it looking under BF DEALS.

Any place you can at least point to in order to get us started?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Tony,

Thanks. Linked worked great.

However...

I dunno. I looked over that list and nothing stood out as a great
deal for me. Most of the stuff that's appealing I already own.

Would be interested to hear what other members see of interest.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I already have just about all of those that I would want anyway.
Great price for the Steve Martin TV specials.
Get a Life series is a maybe.
Ellery Queen for under $17 is really good.
Brave for $9 is good but already have it.
Bond 50 on gold box deal saturdy. Already have it.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
It looks like they are price matching pretty much everything I would have gotten at a B/M anyway: Hunger Games, Wrath of the Titans (don't judge), maybe Spider-Man. Looks like I don't need to go to the store...

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the link. That price on It Takes A Thief is pretty sweet. I didn't purchase the Bond set on Blu-ray earlier this year, so I'll be taking a look at that when the time comes.
- Walter.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Yeah, this year is looking like a bust for me. Most of the stuff on that list that I'm interested in I already have. I'll probably only pick up The Prisoner Blu-ray box. They have Brave on there twice but neither is the 3D version. :( in fact there is not a single 3D title for the whole sale!

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
If anyone wants a non-referal link use this. Links to their other calendars are at the bottom of that page.
Looks like I'll be trying for:
It Takes a Thief (*great* price!)
Ellery Queen Mysteries
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Fifth Season
The Universe: The Mega Collection (on the fence with this one) *EDIT* looks like this one has been pulled. It's gone from the calendar this morning (11/18)
Because they are cheap enough I may try for:
Green Lantern
Sherlock Holmes
The Chronicles Of Narnia: The Voyage Of The Dawn Treader
And why don't they have Community S3 for $9.99? At least this year they're not offering Friends *again*... although there *are* quite a few repeats from last year.
I know this is a movie forum but here is the video game calendar for anyone who might be interested. There are a couple of titles there I'll be picking up.
Thanks to these I'll be able to avoid stores/crowds/lines... Now to decide if I'll actually *need* to get a prime membership for this...

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Well for me
Rumpole of the Bailey
and possibly the Bond Box
And I don't remember if they went beyond one week last year. Possibly more deals if they continue
David

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by TonyD /t/325141/amazon-starts-black-friday-web-site-will-you-be-sitting-at-the-computer-every-four-hours-waiting-for-the-next-bf-deal#post_4002413
Great price for the Steve Martin TV specials.

That's what stands out to me.

I wish they had a deal on the Blu set of Ken Burns: Baseball.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks