What's new

Amazon Prime Streaming (1 Viewer)

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
I discovered as a Prime Member, I have unlimited access to certain shows/movies to stream for free. Sadly, they don't seem to differentiate between what's "free" and what I have to pay for. I figured I'd add the few shows I've seen for free and let others add what they know of, too.

Gilligan's Island
Bionic Woman
Scarecrow and Mrs. King
I Love Lucy
7th Heaven
NYPD Blue
The Andy Griffith Show
Petticoat Junction (theme music replaced on the freebies)

fuzz092888

Agent
Real Name
Alex
I don't think it's that hard to navigate to. Sign in, then go to the home page and move your mouse so it hovers over department. Right at the top of the list it says "Unlimited Instant videos" and once you hover over that it has the prime video link right there.

My biggest issue is that they have disabled HD with Amazon prime streaming. Clearly computers aren't capable of playing back an HD stream :rolleyes:

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
fuzz092888 said:
I don't think it's that hard to navigate to. Sign in, then go to the home page and move your mouse so it hovers over department. Right at the top of the list it says "Unlimited Instant videos" and once you hover over that it has the prime video link right there.

My biggest issue is that they have disabled HD with Amazon prime streaming. Clearly computers aren't capable of playing back an HD stream :rolleyes:
It allows me to stream Season 2 of Bionic Woman in HD. Lol....my Dell Mini Duo has an HDMI out on it and looks darn good :cool:

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
fuzz092888 said:

I can stream in HD through my Roku and Panasonic BD player.

fuzz092888

Agent
Real Name
Alex
Ron1973 said:
It allows me to stream Season 2 of Bionic Woman in HD. Lol....my Dell Mini Duo has an HDMI out on it and looks darn good :cool:
I think TV shows, or certain TV shows it still does, but movies are a whole different ballgame.

Scott Merryfield said:
I can stream in HD through my Roku and Panasonic BD player.
I did say computer when I said can't stream HD right? That's what it says to me when I tried to stream a movie in HD yesterday, that on computers it wasn't available, but Roku, Xbox 360, etc will all work.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
It's also supposed to stream HD on the Kindle fire, but I'm not sure about on an iPad. I have the Amazon instant video app for my iPad, but I can't tell whether or not I'm getting HD because the lousy app doesn't specify the resolution being streamed!

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
It specifically tells me 720 on Bionic Woman. I know that isn't full hi-def but it's better than 480

fuzz092888

Agent
Real Name
Alex
Ron1973 said:
It specifically tells me 720 on Bionic Woman. I know that isn't full hi-def but it's better than 480
Agreed. It does the 720 for me as well, which is a night and day improvement after watching an SD movie with streaming :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks