Amazon DOTD (1/29 only): Lost - The Complete Third Season [Blu-ray] for $39.99

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by Chris S, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Chris S

Chris S Cinematographer

Chris S
    59% off list price. Not a bad deal.

Link

2. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    Ya know, if seasons 1 and 2 were out on BD I'd buy all 3 right now at that price. I have only ever seen snippets of the show. I seriously don't understand not having the back seasons on this format.

3. Jason Harbaugh

Jason Harbaugh Cinematographer

Incredible price for an incredible disc set. One of the best presentations on Blu-ray and the flat out best you'll ever see this show.

Sales have been pretty good so hopefully we'll see S1 and S2 soon. It may suck that S3 was the first to be released but day and date releases are the ones that sell and at this point in the game it is too risky to release all 3 seasons without knowing if they will sell.

4. Neil Middlemiss

Neil Middlemiss Producer
    Reviewer

Neil Middlemiss
    You know, I was good up until now, holding off on buying this in Hi-Def - but who can pass up 39.99!!!

Damn these good prices!! [​IMG]

5. Chris S

Chris S Cinematographer

Chris S
    O' those are famous last words! Once you get hooked there is no going back. [​IMG]

6. Chris S

Chris S Cinematographer

Chris S

I saw these same type responses, but in reverse, when Universal decided to release Battlestar Galactica S1 and not the more recent S3(?). So I guess it just depends on whether you've already been into a show or not. For me, I caught both S1 and S2 of Lost but never watched the third season. So for me this worked out well.

7. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

If you've never seen S1 or S2, why not rent the SD discs (which look excellent) and if you dig the show then open up the S3 Blu Ray?

That way, you get the good price on S3, you get to find out if you like the show before spending $40 on S3 and you get to actually see the show. And then you can fill in the blanks in your collection when the S1 and S2 Blu Ray sets come out.

8. Will_B

Will_B Producer

Very tempting, but I think by the time I have a Blu player they may have a box set of the whole series.

9. Grant H

Grant H Cinematographer

Figures. The one day I don't keep tabs on this on the whole coupon and bargain section of HTF (though I did look at the roundup). I think AVS missed this thread.